The purpose of this role is to help lead and support Cargo Services in executing the corporate strategy and various initiatives relating to cargo services and delivery.
The incumbent is also too drive operational excellence and service delivery by partnering with stakeholders to provide clarity, guidance and support on the set performance targets and established matrix.
- Conform to the required safety and security standards, established regulatory, corporate and departmental policies and procedures and requirements
- Manage safety issues in the region relating to cargo services, specifically but not limited to handling of dangerous goods, freighter load control, cargo build up and aircraft loading
- Assist to develop, and lead on the implementation and monitoring of the Cargo Servicing Plan and the operation of handling agents, reporting performance and status both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Drive operational excellence with contracted vendors by managing key performance indicators and service levels
- Ensure a safe, efficient, and on-time freighter / passenger aircraft operation with optimum uplift
- Implement operations plans to optimise booking for space and weight utilisation of the aircraft with cargo sales and service agents, the handling agents and key customers
- Develop local service and standards to streamline cargo procedures to support core and specialised products
- Conduct regular meetings with service vendors to review performance and provide education on new policies or procedures
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are kept up to date, are understood by employees and handling agents and are complied with
- Ensure that service issues are followed up and resolved in a timely and professional manger
- Manage the roster to ensure sufficient manpower to handle the flight in a cost effective manner
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Min. High School graduation
- Tertiary education or equivalent preferably with a cargo or logistics background is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cargo operations ideally with a customer service background
- Freight load control and freighter ramp/loading operation experience is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of CHAMP CargoSpot System
- Experience in supervising or leading a team to success
- A self-motivated leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven success record in setting and achieving goals
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Malaysia
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We offer an attractive benefits package, including worldwide air travel concessions (yourself/companion and family), annual free travel, 15% EPF contribution, medical and dental coverage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application with full resume stating their qualifications, experience, present and expected salary as well as contact number by 25 December 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
To learn more about our organization, please click on to www.cathaypacific.com.my