Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To assist with operational and reservation functions for the port including oversight of suppliers to ensure compliance to Cathay service levels and regulatory requirements.
To provide support to port management to drive service excellence and delivery of the cargo services strategy.
- Provide superb customer service on all customer touch points
- Provide vendor notification for on time and delayed flights daily
- Provide timely shipment status updates to customers
- Handle IRR, Damage and Claim cases in a timely and professional manner
- Help to manage GHA performance and provide guidelines and instructions
- Support the established performance targets through operational oversight and participation
- Support cargo reservation and booking adjustment when necessary to provide exemplary customer service
Service Delivery and Excellence
- Prepare loading plan to maximise space utilisation and commercial priorities
- Prepare flight documentation for crew and Customs
- Check and review post flight documentation
- Prepare post flight reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide freighter catering uplift and last minute changes
- Coordinate effectively between engineering, airport operations, air traffic control and vendors to ensure smooth communication and service provision
- Coordinate cargo service activities between sales, operations and ground handling in order to ensure efficient handling of shipments
- Communicate effectively via various channels stakeholders including customers, airport and cargo operations, suppliers, flight crew etc.
- Assist with various administrative station tasks such as SAP
- Coordinate weather diversions at diversion sites
- Handle diversion of Cathay Pacific Flights when required
- Assist with crew administration and support matters at the port
- Support station training activities as required
- Support station management in supplier oversight including reporting GHA performance issues
- Control and manage the Unit Load Device inventory level to meet the demand during seasonal peaks
- Any other reasonable task as requested
Safety, Security and Compliance
- Help to ensure compliance and conformance to all regulatory and internal safety, security, quality, and procedural requirements
- Undertake quality check programmes established by Head Office and participate in audits as required
- Support Emergency and Accident role as required
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Tertiary education or equivalent
- Study in a Cargo or related field is a distinct advantage
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in cargo industry is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Natural customer service orientation
- Attentive to detail
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adapts to change easily
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.