To assist with operational and reservation functions for the port including oversight of suppliers to ensure compliance to Cathay service levels and regulatory requirements.
To provide support to port management to drive service excellence and delivery of the cargo services strategy.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Support cargo reservations and bookings whilst providing exemplary customer service
- Provide vendor notification for on time and delayed flights daily
- Provide timely shipment status updates to customers
- Help to manage GHA performance and provide guidelines and instructions
- Support the established performance targets through operational oversight and participation
- Prepare flight documentation for crew and Customs
- Check and review post flight documentation
- Prepare post flight reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide freighter catering uplift and last minute changes
- Coordinate effectively between engineering, airport operations, air traffic control and vendors to ensure smooth communication and service provision
- Coordinate cargo service activities between sales, operations and ground handling in order to ensure efficient handling of shipments
- Communicate effectively via various channels stakeholders including customers, airport and cargo operations, suppliers, flight crew etc.
- Assist with various administrative station tasks such as SAP
- Coordinate weather diversions at diversion sites
- Handle diversion of Cathay Pacific flights when required
- Assist with crew administration and support matters at the port
- Support station training activities as required
- Support station management in supplier oversight including reporting GHA performance issues
- Any other reasonable task as requested
Safety, Security and Compliance
- Help to ensure compliance and conformance to all regulatory and internal safety, security, quality, and procedural requirements
- Undertake quality check programmes established by Head Office and participate in audits as required
- Support Emergency and Accident role as required
Qualifications / Experience
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in cargo industry is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Natural customer service orientation
- Attentive to detail
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. No sponsorship for employment visa status is available for this position.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is an equal opportunity employer.