Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To actively support the Regional Head of Cargo and the Head Office Cargo teams to professionally manage key accounts, develop strong shipper relationships as well as developing cargo products and proactively selling them throughout the region.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Commercial Strategies with Global and Key Accounts and Shipper Sales
- Develop and execute annual business plans for the assigned accounts to increase sales, penetration and margins based on mutually agreed upon strategy with Head Office and Regional Office
- Regularly analyse sales results and adjust account plans as necessary to meet or exceed targets
- Serve as the designated representative for the assigned accounts and build regional key influencer relationships, dealing with customers’ highest buying levels and coordinate sales and service activities at all levels ensuring highest customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Develop joint revenue commitments with targeted Strategic and Global accounts
- Assist and support the area sales personnel in consistently recognising and servicing the needs of Strategic and Global accounts
- Fully identify and qualify all decision makers within an assigned account in both headquarters and field locations
- Expand sales efforts to include relationship building with shippers in conjunction with their forwarding partners
- Implement consultative and long term complex sales techniques
Product Development and Selling
- Match each Global and Key accounts’ needs on a regional basis for all Cathay product lines
- Develop product development plans with the targeted Strategic and Global accounts and proactively sell priority and special cargoes as well as increase revenue share from non-general cargo from the accounts
- Provide perceptive feedback to Regional Office with customer insights on product development needs and opportunities
- Act as an extended arm of Head Office in developing and testing new product features as required
Bridging Head Office and Local Sales Teams
- Support Regional Head of Cargo, Head of Cargo Global Partnerships and Head of Cargo Markets Products in the development and implementation of a regional sales strategy on global accounts and products
- Support Regional Head of Cargo to coordinate regular updates on key accounts / product sales development to Head Office
- Facilitate information flow between accounts and Cathay Cargo headquarters and the local stations
Account Management and Sales Administration
- Perform reviews of accounts / product sales performance and seek for revenue opportunities from each Global and Key account on a regional basis
- Coordinate with both Cargo Sales and Services teams to provide customer-centric solutions for Global and Key accounts
Global Request for Pricing
- Coordinate Request for Pricing from Global and Key accounts as required in a timely manner
- Manage the relevant cost of sales with an appropriate balance between revenue increase against required costs
- Support the implementation of programmes to encourage e-initiatives to drive penetration of e-Bookings and other Agent Self-Service functions with global and key accounts
- Support the regular review of commercial work processes at a regional level to continuously drive efficiency improvements to benefit internal and external customers
Financial Risk Management
- Manage credit risks with reference to relevant internal guidelines / IATA local financial criteria where applicable
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- University degree (or tertiary equivalent) preferably with a logistics, sales and marketing or business discipline
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ cargo experience, preferably in the airline industry
- Demonstrably strong knowledge in air cargo account management and product sales
- Proven success records in setting and achieving goals
- Excellent decision making and administrative skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office with focus on Excel and Database
- Embrace and adapts to constant change
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.