Reports to: Cargo Revenue Manager, Operations
The Cargo Revenue Duty Officer is a key member of the Cargo Revenue Management team. This job holder will maximize cargo revenue generation from our freighter and passenger operations; and minimize commercial impact in any contingency situations as well as facilitate revenue maximization towards more healthy financial contribution to the Cathay Pacific Group.
- Conduct the evaluation of the rolling 7-days capacity plan and collaborate with other departments to optimize capacity provision for cargo carriage, ie maximize cargo revenue with the consideration of other factors like aircraft rotation, crew resources, OTP, slot etc.
- Responsible for the cargo revenue drivers in the corporate rolling 7-days aircraft deployment review exercise.
- Act as office-in-charge during non-office hours and escalate potential disruption situation to the cargo management team.
- Manage day-of-operations to ensure schedule integrity and implement company procedures related to flight regularity
- Evaluates any incidents and ensure problems are promptly bought to Manager for corrective action if required. Coaching IOC staff to enable them to reach their potential. Supports the development of individual team members.
- Identifies and analyses adverse situation within the operation and liaises with internal stakeholders to pursue improvements to the operating model
- Ensure that decision taken within CRM are well thought out and appropriate decisions are achieved in collaboration with concerned parties
- Execute the development, communication and implementation of commercial recovery plan to minimize commercial impact.
- Compliment the non-automated booking evaluation operations during non-office hours.
- Identify issue through the book to flown journey and develop solution to smooth revenue delivery.
- Champion the value driven decision making approach and promote revenue-justified as well as customer centric problem solving culture.
- Bachelor degree in an analytical discipline, such as Business, Science and Engineering
- Prefer 3 years of relevant experience, eg Cargo, Service Delivery and Operations. Prior exposure with Lean, process improvement and project management will be an advantage.
- Basic skill in data visualization and BI tools, eg Alteryx, QlikSense, QlikView, PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Natural ability as strategies implementer – act as the bridge between sales & operations; equip with good communication skills.
- Proven success in solution development – excellent attention to detail, conduct root cause analysis; influence other stakeholders to implement swift and effective solution
- Comfortable with numbers and, more importantly, curious to understand stories behind numbers and able to drive behavioural improvement through numbers.
- This position requires roster shift to cover 24x7 operations.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.