At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All Chinese mainland based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
To execute the commercial strategies for the port in order to surpass revenue targets and commercial Key Performance Indicators as well as to deliver service excellence, ensuring full compliance with company and regulatory requirements and safety and operational standards.
- Implement the Cargo Business Plan in full alignment with local cargo strategies and specified Key Performance Indicators
- Assist the Cargo Supervisor to conduct regular reviews of revenue performance and to take actions where revenue is behind budget
- Provide active management of capacity to maximise flight revenue
Coordination with Operations
- Ensure that accurate booking lists for the Cargo Terminal Operator are prepared in in timely manner to execute flight planning and pallet build up plans
- Answer customers’ enquiries, process customers’ off-line booking and e-booking in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain the day-to-day relationship with stakeholders from all sales channels for revenue generation purposes
- Provide superb sales and customer services in all customer touch points so as to drive premium selling rates and regular business
- Champion Cathay products and provide excellent and consistent product solutions to customers
- Support to implement programmes on e-initiatives to drive penetration of e-Bookings, e-AWB, e-freighter shipment and other Agent Self-Service functions
Partnerships and External Liaisons
- Actively assist the Area Manager / Cargo Supervisor to establish and manage relationships with shippers, key industry and trade partners and associations so that Company interests are well represented
- Ensure that recognition is conferred on, and that loyalty is earned from our highest value customers, including Cargo Clan Elite members
Service Delivery and Excellence
- Assist to implement the Cargo Servicing Plan, including supervision of customer service, the operation of the handling agents, and report performance and status both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Drive operational excellence with contracted vendors by managing Key Performance Indicators and service levels
- Ensure compliance and conformance to established regulatory, corporate and departmental policies and procedures and requirements
- Perform regular quality checks, as required, and completion of proper paperwork, providing feedback to respective stakeholders and work to resolve any problem areas identified
- Support the execution of cargo service delivery strategy as established by Head Office and Regional Management
- Liaise closely with all stakeholders to ensure proper communication is maintained and focus areas are aligned
- Ensure that new customers receive assistance and coordination as required to safeguard smooth cargo movements
- Implement the operations plans to optimise booking for space and weight utilisation with cargo sales and service agents, the handling agents and key customers
- Assist to develop local service and standards to streamline cargo procedures to support core and specialised products
- Liaise with various airport authorities, local and government agencies as required
- Assist or participate local Emergency and Accident activities as directed
- Conduct regular meetings with service vendors to review performance and provide education on updated policies
- Help the Cargo Supervisor to ensure that communication of Cathay cargo notices to all employees and suppliers is disseminated and understood
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- College degree or above
- A qualification in Cargo or logistics in an advantage
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in cargo industry would be an added advantage
- Prior customer service experience with demonstrable customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Working knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of CHAMP CargoSpot systems is an advantage
- Adapts to change easily
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.