Reports to: Cargo Supervisor
Ensure airport cargo operations are run smooth and efficient without any failure on safety and security in all aspects. They are the key party to strive to provide reliable and cost-effective cargo and mail or even courier services to our customers.
- Process airway bill data from cargo forwarders
- Process all regulatory check set by different authorities, e.g. US ACAS
- Compile Cargo Load Plan for export flight
- Handle transit cargo according to load plan
- Carry out pre-manifesting and manifesting according to booking list, load plan and adhere to all loading limitation/requirement
- Communicate closely with warehouse and Load Control so as to deliver load figures accurately and timely
- Handle post-flight documentation and activities according to standards set
- Perform duties as designated by Cargo Supervisor and other senior level
- Accept various cargo products e.g. general cargo, Pharma LIFT, live animal, dangerous goods, etc. according to the company and industrial standards on safety, security and electronic documentation e.g. E-AWB handling. (customer airline)
- Minimum HKCEE/HKDSE qualifications, with at least 5 subjects passed including English language, or equivalent
- With airline experience, especially in cargo operations would be an advantage
Skills and language requirements
- Good command of both spoken and written English. Spoken and written Chinese is preferred
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Able to interact with people at all levels and from different cultural backgrounds
- Sound PC knowledge in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Independent & detailed oriented
- Manage to work on shift schedules (including overnight and weekends)
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.