At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese Mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
To lead a cargo team to execute the cargo commercial strategies in order to surpass revenue targets and commercial Key Performance Indicators and drive service standards whilst ensuring absolute compliance with safety and operational standards.
- Lead the local team to achieve an annual revenue budget and to implement the Cargo Business Plan
- Execute local sales plans to revenue, balancing short/long term goals
- Conduct regular reviews of revenue performance and lead the sales teams to take actions for budget and new revenue streams
- Generate revenue with perspective of sales channels, product sales and offline development, lead the team to drive premium selling rates and regular business.
- Negotiate and execute sales contracts.
Bridging Head/Regional Office and Local Sales Teams
- Ensure commercial and service directives to be cascaded individual team members. Provide regular updates on key local cargo market information and competitive landscape
- Conduct the regular improves of commercial and operational work processes. Maintain oversight of port manpower to increase productivity and service provision
- Manage the commercial cost and ensure that programmes to support e-initiatives with e-Bookings, e-AWB, e-freight shipments
Financial Risk Management
- Manage credit risks to relevant internal guidelines/IATA local financial criteria
Partnerships and External Liaisons
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local Civil Aviation to enhance the overall interests
- Establish and manage the shippers, key industry and trade partners and associations. Earn the loyalty of our highest value customers.
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead the team to achieve success. Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people. Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values. Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Support the People Managers to design and conduct internal development programmes including succession planning as appropriate ensuring alignment with Head Office direction
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Conform to the required standards achieving all legal requirements
- Make timely or overriding decisions on operations to improve efficiency and comply with mandates
- Develop and promote a culture of zero tolerance on the incidents
- Ensure that all incidents are fully investigated with remedial actions to prevent recurrence
- Ensure that the Safety Management System is implemented and is constantly maintained
- Undertake an E&A role and ensure the plans are in place
Service Delivery and Excellence
- Lead the local teams to provide excellent services
- Action plans to improve operational performance
- Ensure Ground Handling Agents and General Sales Agents perform with agreed standards
- Regular meetings with service providers to review performance and deficiencies with remedial measures for improvement
- Maintain an overview of adherence to handling processes and ensure the measureable improvements in processes and adherence
- Review port audit reports and ensure action is taken timely
- Support the achievement of the On Time Performance target for freighters
- As required, lead new port set up and supplier changes and ensure the timeline from supplier selection process to project ends are met
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.