Let your passion fly! We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. Our global family can open a world of opportunities for you. This means that your first role at Cathay Pacific won’t be your last. It could take you anywhere. Join us and discover just how far you can go!
To serve as a Load Control Officer for the region monitoring load planning functions for passenger, freighter, and transit flights and ensuring the highest standards of safety and compliance to Cathay service levels and regulatory requirements.
To provide support to port management to drive service excellence and delivery of the cargo services strategy.
- Distribute cargo aircraft loads according to safety regulations, gravity parameters, specific requirements, unloading accessibility and other restrictions
- Accurately calculate aircraft weight and balances and prepare loading instructions for the region
- Complete load sheets and reconcile against loading reports
- Deliver in-flight related documents to aircraft in a timely manner
- Ensure accuracy of all documents presented to the crew
- Ensure sufficient resources to carry out daily operations
- Attend training sessions as and when required
- Implement operations plan to optimize load control handling for the region
- Liaise with the stakeholders to ensure proper handling of the load control functions
- Ensure proper communication between Cargo Load Control and Ramp Coordinator for on-ramp activities to ensure the aircraft is being handled in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure all cargo is handled according to company standards
- File e-reports as required
- Any other reasonable task as requested
Safety, Security and Compliance
- Help to ensure compliance and conformance to all regulatory and internal safety, security, quality, and procedural requirements
- Undertake quality check programs established by Head Office and participate in audits as required
- Support Emergency and Accident role as required
- May be designated Operational Duty Holder for the station as required
Emergency and Accident
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Graduation in any field is a minimum
- A diploma / Certification preferably in a logistics discipline would be an advantage
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in cargo or ramp operations with a focus on Load Control activities
- Minimum 2 years experience in the cargo industry is an advantage
- Experience in air cargo warehousing operations
- Knowledge in B747 freighter and aircraft weight and balance procedures
- Knowledge of Transportation Security Administration safety and security requirements
- Knowledge of air cargo build-up and Dangerous Goods acceptance
- Effective communication skills
- Natural customer service orientation
- Attentive to detail
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
** Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in India.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to be able to access Cathay Pacific offices and all other Cathay Group Company premises.
Considerations will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.