Reports to :Head of Cargo Markets & Customer Solutions
The Cargo Customer Solutions Manager is a key member of the Cathay Pacific Cargo Commercial Team, and principally responsible for the management of the Cargo Department’s customer solutions (special products) developments in line with latest market trends, customer needs and latest technology available in the market. He or she shall also lead the use of data and analytics to draw insights and drive for improvement in product performance and profitability
We aspire to be a world leader in customer solutions within the air cargo industry. Mission of the Cargo Customer Solutions Team is to create key value differentiators for CX Cargo by way of our expertise in providing specialized cargo solutions through our sales & services offerings. These differentiators aim to increase willingness to pay with ultimate objective to support sustainable growth of our cargo business and increase our cargo revenue and profitability.
The Cargo Customer Solutions Team is divided into three streams, each led by a Cargo Customer Solutions Manager with support from an Assistant Manager. Each team shall be responsible for a portfolio of solutions of (1) temperature control, (2) expert handling and e-Commerce, or (3) mail and priority.
As a Cargo Customer Solutions Manager, you will play an important role in the following areas:
- Lead a number of data analytics projects from providing detailed business requirements; and articulating dashboard designs and business rules to implementing the analytics dashboards; and executing the necessary change in business processes
- Use of data to draw insights and drive for continuous improvement in product performances and profitability.
Research & Development on Expert Customer Solutions
- Hold holistic view of the end-to-end for the assigned solutions portfolio, from selling to service delivery.
- Lead research and development of the assigned portfolio, especially on e-Commerce solutions, or temperature control solutions.
- Conduct competitive analysis. Define features of the airline’s customer solutions that are or could become our key differentiators.
- Prioritize and articulate development needs. Formulate a product development roadmap.
- Build commercial case and drive internal engagement to implement changes.
- Manage and act as the Project Manager to drive the overall development roadmap.
- Act as the central point of contact for different internal departments and drive the project to ensure timely delivery.
Delivery of New / Enhanced Customer Solutions
- Work closely with Cargo Service Delivery to ensure customer solutions deliveries and processes are in line with Cargo Commercial’s commercial needs and requirements.
- Identify new technologies in the industry and make recommendations to the management on ways to drive efficiencies in the delivery process of CX’s customer solutions
- Act as the face of the company, represent and manage relationship with special product direct shippers, forwarders as well as service providers.
- Engage with internal and external customers. Understand their needs in order to develop a portfolio of customer solutions that is customer centric.
- Identify new and innovative solutions that matters to our customers.
- Engage in relevant tri-partite supplier-shipper and forwarder-shipper conversations that will lead to new business opportunities and insights.
- Support Cargo Services Delivery team in negotiation of suppliers’ agreements to our best interests
Selling our Expert Customer Solutions
- Equip our sales teams with tools and know-hows to effectively sell our expert solutions.
- Partner with Cargo Global Partnership team to drive sales of our customer solutions to vertical teams of our global partners.
- Partner with Cargo Marketing team on key messages to communicate externally about our expert customer solutions.
- Represent CX in appropriate Cargo Customer Solution / Product forums.
List requirements for the position:
- A university degree level of education.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a cargo discipline; preferably with sales and product management, and with experience in a freight forwarding company or airline.
- Knowledge on cargo sales and solution development is advantageous
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Strong analytical and numerical capabilities.
- Proven abilities as a team leader. Strong in cross-team collaboration and working through virtual team settings. Able to work under pressure. Deliver results.
- Strong cultural awareness, and the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivated and willing to learn and take on new initiatives.
- Build a high performance team through active engagement and empowerment of team.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.