Reports to: Head of Customer Experience Procurement
Department: Procurement & Aircraft Trading (APD)
This position will be responsible for the definition and implementation of procurement strategies for the Cabin Technology category (including In-Flight Entertainment System, Wi-Fi Connectivity System and Cabin Technical Equipment), and for leading the supplier relationship management process.
- Define and implement the Cabin Technology category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance/support services.
- Conduct market analysis to identify Passenger Experience and supply market trends which may have positive or negative impacts on the company, develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Lead engagement with BU stakeholders, constructively challenge specifications and manage BU demand.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key suppliers in the category through differentiated engagement strategies.
- Manage workload within the Cabin Technology team, improve or establish new internal processes and leverage where appropriate the Cross Category Sourcing team.
- Drive innovation in the category in terms of sourcing approaches and leverage the introduction of new technology to streamline and improve in-category processes.
- Drive high performance culture and standards among APD community and with direct reports.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential;
- Demonstrated understanding of Technology solution program challenges a key differentiator.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and contract law;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial accounting principles;
- Ability to inspire, and build trust and respect among BU stakeholders and the APD community;
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders at senior levels;
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 18 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.