Reports to: Assistant Manager - Cabin Crew Development
Department: Inflight Services Department
The job holder will evaluate cases where cabin crew may have not adhered to company standards, policy and procedures and propose development actions. He/she will conduct an independent, thorough and fair investigation and analysis into cases that are likely to require disciplinary actions and propose resolution. He/she resolve cases with cabin crew in a positive and encouraging manner and reduce repeat behaviour.
- Conduct investigations into cases related to non-compliance/violations/breaches of Company Policies.
- Ensure investigation and fact-finding processes are conducted thoroughly, consistently and aligned with the Disciplinary & Grievance policy and procedures and in a timely manner.
- Manage cabin crew through the process of resolution in a fair, sensitive and credible manner.
- Manage cases in compliance with the relevant policies, standards and legislation requirements in a fair and consistent manner.
- Document all cases in a detailed and thorough manner. Ensure all interview records are sent to crew and filed for record.
- Make recommendations for disciplinary action to Team Managers where applicable.
- Communicate disciplinary decisions to cabin crew concerned to reinforce the required standard of performance in a fair, positive and encouraging manner.
- To support the review of relevant internal policies and help conduct trend analysis and highlight areas of concerns/improvement to management.
- To encourage crew to improve performance.
- To coach crew on company policies and expectations and the importance of adhering to policy at all times.
- Represent CX in labour court in case of disputes over disciplinary cases.
- Assist in other ad hoc tasks such as E&A, projects, etc. as required by the Asst. Manager Cabin Crew Development and HoCC.
- Ensure cases are resolved in a timely manner and case turnaround times meet internal targets.
- University graduate with at least 3 years relevant work experience in airline or hospitality industry
- Understanding of cabin crew working conditions and culture
- Strong fact-finding, analytical and decision making skills
- Good interpersonal and coaching skills
- Case management experience is an advantage
- Methodical and detail oriented with excellent planning and organising skills
- Familiar with the People systems, policies and procedures
- Mature individual with high EQ with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in employment ordinances
- Strong command of written and spoken English
Application deadline: 25 February 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.