Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
To actively support the cabin crew employees and base operational functions including pre-flight planning and administration of Safety & Emergency matters in addition to ensuring all communications and administration records are accurate and updated.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Monitor the sign-in procedures and update sign-in records at the briefing office
- Process Cabin Crew enquiries on work-related matters as required
- Update Cabin Crew sick leave records with appropriate verification
- Arrange base cabin crew annual leave and administrate annual leave exchange requests
- Arrange base cabin crew visas and handle ad-hoc visa leave requests
- Process other leave requests such as marriage leave, maternity leave, unpaid leave and update leave records accordingly
- Manage the base uniform items and stock levels
- Process monthly transportation claims of crew, ad-hoc overnight allowance shortfalls and uniform footwear replacement reimbursements
- Arrange overnight allowance for base cabin crew when training in Head Office or as required
- Manage cabin crew meal voucher calculation and issuance, meal voucher record updating, and meal voucher stock levels
- Maintain cabin crew personal data as appropriate
- Follow up cabin crew work injury cases as required in accordance with legislation and company requirements
- Process cabin crew resignation formalities
- Provide assistance with daily operations including liaising with ground staff/crew hotel/immigration as required
- Monitor cabin crew grooming and deportment standards
- Manage local Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) issues, crew visa documentation, permits, crew lists and General Declarations (DGs), etc.
- Updating crew lists to Immigration in a timely and accurate manner timely as required
- Provide cross-department support to line operations, e.g. typhoon, contingency and disruptions
- Maintain daily interactions with cabin crew, handle enquiries and collect meaningful feedback
- Ensure regular communication with the Assistant Cabin Crew Base Manager and the other China bases to ensure standard procedures and policies are executed
- Liaise with the Airport Service Delivery team, local People team and other departments as required
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications / Experience
- College graduate as a minimum
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in the airline industry
- Understanding of Cabin Crew operational environment and standards (safety, service etc.)
- Computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Cathay Dragon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.