Report to: Data Governance Lead
The position will be responsible to implement Data Registry with focus of one of these areas: Customer, Employee, Commercial, Operations, Partnership and support and enforce the usage of the Data Registry tool. He/she will work closely with Data Stewards across the Cathay Pacific Group to instill a good data governance practice and monitor quality of implementation of policies and processes to uphold security, quality and value of the data assets.
- Support the implementation of the Data Registry system for one of these areas
- Customer, Employee, Commercial, Operations, Partnership
- Assist Data Governance Lead to work with business streams to enforce Data Governance via using the Data Registry system
- Collaborate with Operations and Analytics teams to implement data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements
- Collaborate with IT to implement quality metrics, ensuring accessibility and consistency of data and readiness of related analytics capabilities
- Engage data stewards and data domain owners to ensure the data registry is always up to date
- Prepare Training material and delivery training data steward and end users on using the Data Registry system
- Evaluate and execute access control for shared databases
- Design and manage periodic review and validation of user access
- Ensure full records of agreed data usage purpose and obtained consent
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in Data Governance, Data Management and/or Data Quality initiatives, and with a good understanding of at least one of the following business areas: Operations, Service Delivery, Sales & Marketing, Customer management or Employee management.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools for reporting and visualization
- Understanding of data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities
- Passionate about data quality and data governance
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to share effectively across different business streams
- Curious, meticulous self-motivated and strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Willingness and proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive outcomes
- Working knowledge on project management skills with business process review
Candidates with less experience may be considered as Data Governance Executive
Application Deadline: 21 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.