Reports to: Data Governance Manager
- Build adoption of the corporate suite of analytical tools in the airline. Foster the cross departmental analytics community in the airline
- Support in developing data governance strategy. Ensure quality & data governance policies and processes uphold security, quality and value of the analytics assets.
- Proactively support business streams in applying and integrating the right set of metrics, analytics model and visualization into day-to-day processes
- Enhance analytics power with new data, derived insight, tools and training with proper testing and requirement sets
- Ensure quality & data governance policies and processes to uphold security, quality and value of the analytics assets.
- Provide analytics support services to various business partners.
- Work with IT and other Business units to put data policies into operation (such as quality metrics, design principles, data definition, metadata, lifecycle)
- Develop BI solutions including reports, scorecards and dashboards, leveraging data processing and visualisation tools to perform periodic review and validation of user right.
- Proactive in bring in new data & insight, support data model design and data definitions to ensure proper integration of internal and external sources
- Support enhancements on tools to advance the analytical power, including analytics requirement, testing, prepare training material and delivery
- Support smooth operations and readiness of related system and capabilities collaborating with internal and external teams
- Manage Data Quality by implementing quality metrics & regular monitoring, working on incidents to maintain accessibility and consistency of data as well as readiness of related analytics capabilities
- Enforce data governance practices to uphold the value of the data access, within the company and external parties
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience relating to data & analytics with a good understanding of at least one of the following business areas: Operations, Customer management, Service Delivery, Sales & Marketing or Finance management
- Knowledgeable of BI tools, analytics tools, visualization tools, (e.g..Alteryx, Cognos, Qlik Sense), SQL and database management concepts
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Passionate about data quality and data governance
- Team player with strong communication & interpersonal skills, able to share effectively across different business streams
- Curious, meticulous, self-motivated and strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Willingness and proactively accept and drive change to accomplish positive outcomes
- Working knowledge on project management skills with business process review
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.