Reports to: Lead or Assistant Manager
Job Level: A
Department: Global Business Services (GBS)
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This role is accomplished by supporting and providing inputs to projects on, for example:
- Standardization and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Accounting duties in respect of payroll and related transactions
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
Payroll Accounting team is part of the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream which provides services and administration of the end-to-end transactional activities associated with the employee experience for employees and business units. The stream currently covers on-boarding, employee benefits, employee mobility, and off-boarding activities, and the scope is under expansion.
Payroll Accounting team is primarily responsible for all accounting and finance related duties of the transactions and records of the HR stream. The team is also a key accounting and finance partner with FIN and is responsible for all accounting duties in respect of all payroll and staff cost related transactions in the company financial statements.
This role is to deliver services in a cost effective and efficient way with the aim to streamline and automate the Payroll Accounting processes.
- Provide timely and efficient payroll accounting-related administrative support to employees and business units, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, corporate/local policies and industry best practice, throughout the payroll accounting processes, in accordance with the agreed service levels
- Performs system testing and coordinates user testing and acceptance including creating test scenarios and test scripts.
- Provide the pre and post go live support to internal user
- Involving in payroll system enhancement as necessary;
- Undertake the full range of transactional payroll accounting-related administration responsibilities including but not limited to handle monthly payroll, final payment, provident fund contribution payments and other ad hoc payroll-related payments as required
- Ensure consistent payroll accounting-related administration support to managers, employees and external parties, within agreed parameters in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and confidence
- Administer payroll accounting-related activities within agreed procedures, standards and timescales, as defined by the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Work closely with business units along the Hire to Retire stream
- Support Customer Services by providing FAQs and transcripts on general enquiries and resolving specific payroll accounting-related enquiries escalated from Customer Services
- Apply Lean processes to ensure that GBS meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Participate in process optimization initiatives where needed
- Given the handling of sensitive data, maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Tertiary education in business, Accounting, Finance, HR or relevant discipline
- At least 2 years experience in general Payroll Accounting administration within General Business Services / Shared Services environment, less experience will be considered for junior role
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collect and evaluate data
- Ability to research and analyse information to support decision-making
- Competitive skills in Microsoft office
- Experience in using Oracle is a plus
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills to collaborate and work with a diverse group of people to meet goals and objectives
- Capability to work independently with strong sense of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal Chinese (Cantonese) and English communication skills
- Open-minded in adopting technologies
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and problem-solving
- Planning & Organising
- Continuous improvement & innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.