Reports to: Application Manager / Programme Manager / Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
This role is responsible for contributing to the achievement of Information Management’s business objectives by delivering projects successfully across Cathay Pacific IT.
- Manage a pool for both internal and external resources to design, build application system / infrastructure platform and services and implement them to production on time, within budget and with good quality.
- Cross-team collaboration with Architecture teams to leverage shared infrastructure platforms and services to maximise return on investment and to minimise the total cost of ownership of CPA’s infrastructure environment.
- Cross-team collaboration with Project Management Practice Manager to implement project management practice across all IT projects
- Drive and implement necessary standard and best practices for project management and ensure compliance
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of IT projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters
- Manage the project delivery with compliance to practices including development of centralized view of requirements and traceability, reporting and submission timelines for governance approvals, development of enterprise wide risk and dependency
- Cross-team collaboration with Solution Architects / Infrastructure Architects to drive technology innovation to achieve CPA’s strategic plan and business objectives
- Cross-team collaboration with Enterprise Testing team to define the quality assurance test plans that meet the company practices and standards.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in technology, ensure timely exploration and proactively communicate IM’s position towards the introduction of relevant / key emerging technologies
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in project management / coordination role
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience are essential
- Proven experience in managing projects with ability to multitask
- Knowledge of the following disciplines: project and program delivery, portfolio management, change management, application development management / infrastructure development management,, vendor management, financial management
- Technical proficiency in hardware and system software, as well as experience implementing application software / packages and working with vendors
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that gains understanding
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Planning and Organising
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 20 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.