Reports to: Digital Employee Experience Manager
The role is responsible for supporting and programme managing the implementation of the Digital Employee Experience Programmes.
These programmes revolve around revamping and revitalising the digital experience for employees throughout the ‘Hire to Retire’ phases, with a focus on reimaging performance and reward, particularly on the employee travel benefit proposition. The programme consists of multiple streams of projects with elements of process re-engineering, change management and IT solution implementation.
This role requires HR knowledge and project management skills to deliver the project to the planned timeframes, while ensuring the effective management of multiple project stakeholders, and overall change management of the project.
- Lead the consolidation and articulation of requirements from the business including writing and refining user stories
- Participate in all scrum activities and help align, design, and configure solutions to support the development and delivery of the solution
- Support the creation and maintenance of any business documentations required
- Provide details to support the Business Project Manager for any decisions required
- Provide support to the Change Management Lead on the impact assessment and communications
- Lead the preparation and execution of the User Acceptance Testing
- Undertake research on trends and best practices, and provide recommendations
- Support training and business cutover activities
- Support in defining the future operating model, and the transition to the defined operating model
- Be the product Subject Matter Expert during the implementation phase of this programme
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge, experience, and capability, in the following Project Management competencies on a consistent basis for their assigned projects:
- Project Initiation: Can identify relevant stakeholders for engagement and facilitate the collaboration of key stakeholders. Can obtain and prepare relevant information to support project initiation.
- Project Planning: Can identify key project tasks and resources required. Can prepare data for input into the financial plan.
- Scheduling: Can sequence project tasks and identify milestones and dependencies to create and maintain a schedule.
- Document Development: Can create required documents according to quality standards and maintain project repository in a timely manner. Documentation requirements are primarily determined by the Project Delivery Life Cycle and specific Business Unit
- Project Control: Can measure and monitor project progress, including project financials; risks, issues, assumption and dependencies; scope completion; schedule completion; compliance to Project Delivery Life Cycle and other related governance requirements; and acceptance criteria. Can create reports on project progress for communication and decision-making. Coordinates activities to deliver according to schedule, budget and quality.
- Risk Management: Can maintain a Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies Log in a timely manner and escalate as required. Can prepare information and data to support the Risk Management process.
- Tools Utilisation: Can utilise relevant project management and related tool/s to enhance the other competencies listed above.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.