Reports to: IT Procurement Manager - Software
The purpose of this post is to lead sourcing, supply management and procurement of the Airline. The role involves management, administration, and supervision of Cathay Pacific IT software acquisition in accordance with established procurement rules. Objectives of the positions include: optimize cost by seeking best value for money, lead evaluation and selection of suppliers, ensure excellent supplier performance, oversee contract negotiations, guarantee the highest level of ethics and compliance, ensure procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement around diversity, social responsibility & sustainability goals.
- Category Strategy: Identifying and driving category opportunities in conjunction with stakeholder departments and the Procurement Manager through supplier assessment and benchmarking processes and conducting detailed analytical work for planning purposes.
- Spend Analysis: Tracking, analyzing and forecasting of spend for key suppliers in the category, with a view to finding opportunities to optimize and improve expenditure, simplify related processes, and ensure consistency with local/remote offices.
- Market Research: Uderstanding the supplier market, existing solution offerings, future market trends, product alternatives, new business models, etc. Monitor the supply market that caters to our business needs.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Developing strong supplier relationships and ensuring the suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
- Stakeholder Management: effectively develop and maintain strong working-level relationships with BU stakeholders to promote category strategies and ensure overall alignment between the business and the procurement objectives.
Leading end-to-end sourcing projects, from market research, prepare & manage RFx process using Ariba e-sourcing platform, financial analysis, contract & commercial negotiation and team evaluation to contracting.
Provide advice to cross-functional teams to implement category strategies and ensure that existing strategies are consistently improved and implemented.
Using SAP system for spends monitoring, ensuring best practice cost control mechanisms are in place.
Assisting and supporting the category manager in carrying out any other relevant duties which may be required.
- University graduate in related discipline.
- 5 years' relevant experience.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential.
- Ability to adapt and learn rapidly to be able to talk the language of the stakeholders.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to inspire, and build trust and respect among the APD community.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.