Reports to: Strategic Planning & Projects Manager
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
To produce data modelling and analysis to surface performance indices across different functions of Flight Operations Department. Conduct internal studies of strategic issues facing the department. Assist with the tracking of actual project cost vs. budgeted for ongoing projects, benefits realization for completed projects, ensure we gain insights from our use of analytics and act on these to improve operational efficiency. Responsible for the design of modelling, accuracy of the output, and identifying areas of improvement/opportunities for our internal customers/stakeholders, across the whole Flight Operations department.
- Studies for senior management
- Data analysis to support any strategic initiatives/studies
- Identify and analyze trends, perform sensitivity analyses and scenario planning
- Scenario and impact modelling for union negotiations
- Identify areas for potential cost efficiencies
- Assist with implementation of new analytics software in Flight Operations
- Work with other departments (e.g. Digital and Finance) to broaden the reach and analytics capability for FOP
- Work on department’s medium-term analytics strategy and assist with implementation
- Support analytics needs of senior management and other teams within the department, interpreting data in accordance with sound statistical validation
- Assist with analytics requirements of special projects as needed
- KPI development and tracking through dashboards
- Develop KPIs to assess the organisational performance; develop dashboards to track against KPIs
- Monitor performance against both financial and operational Key Performance Indicators
- Consolidate to presentation format periodically and/or as and when necessary
- Benefit sizing and tracking
- Understand from project owners the essence of the request/projects
- Work with project owners to design the cost modelling
- Assist with benefit tracking post-implementation
- Regular operational reports generation
- Monitoring and generation of statistics reports for GMA and GMF area for day to day crew resource management
- Surface potential areas of efficiency gains and improvements
- Responsible for validating variable pay, productivity bonus, trainers’ remuneration in yearly budget, based on forecasted operational mode and assumptions
- Responsible for analyzing deviation of actual vs budget figures
- Degree holder, preferably in mathematics/statistics, finance, business, technology or a related area.
- Minimum 4 years of solid relevant experience in data analysis and modelling. Superb analytical skills.
- An airline background, particularly in Flight Operations, would be a significant advantage.
- Track record of successfully re-engineering processes, improving quality and efficiency.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Able to work independently and deliver quality work even under pressure.
- Works diligently and puts emphasis on accuracy.
- Intellectually curious and is keen to leverage analytics to gain in-depth strategic knowledge into our Flight Operations.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Driving Business Performance & Change
- Planning & Organising
- Teamwork and building Partnerships
Application deadline: 2 March 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.