Reports to: Programme Value Optimisation Lead
The Assistant Programme Value Optimisation Manager supports in performing financial analytics which can be used to understand and improve the profitability of the programme. This includes, but not limited to, breakage analysis, miles liability valuation, redemption optimisation and customer value modelling. In addition, the candidate will also be participating in the development of other new strategic initiatives and lines of business. He/she is expected to work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, airline revenue team, as well as external consultants.
- Develop/maintain miles expiry forecast models via working closely with analytics team
- Perform regular miles liability valuation and assist in preparation of the miles liability report
- Monitor programme level breakage and model performance
- Quantify and incorporate breakage impact in key programme changes/activities
- Involvement of Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) Modelling and promote the usage of it as a business decision tool
- Drive the development of Asia Miles’s insurance & wellness propositions, via working closely with partnership development, marketing & engagement, analytics and customer research team
- Support the airline team, airline revenue management department, marketing & engagement team to optimize air redemption availability & miles pricing
- Participate and support the development of other programme level/strategic initiatives as appropriate
- University degree preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics Engineering
- Postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred
- Associate or Fellow member of a global actuarial organization such as Institute/Faculties of Actuaries (UK), Casualty Actuarial Society (US), Society of Actuaries (US), Actuaries Institute (Australia)
- Exemption from, or completion of the Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examination (IIQE) required for an insurance intermediary specified by the Insurance Authority (IA)
- Minimum 5 years of commercial working experience in insurance, banking or financial services
- Experience of applying actuarial techniques in non-traditional areas is desirable
- Strong commercial acumen and value-focused
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain technical jargons in layman terms to business stakeholders
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.