Reports to: Performance & Rewards Manager
We are currently hiring Performance & Rewards (P&R) Assistant Managers (on contract and perm) to join our Employee Experience department.
Reporting to the Performance & Rewards Manager, the job holder will act as the reward expert to advise and support the Airline to harness, direct and support teams to engage in delivering our mission and objectives; designing and leading the necessary reward programmes to drive high-performance culture within the Airline.
The job holder will provide assistance in a full spectrum of the compensation and benefits (C&B) function in one or more of the streams:
- Total rewards consulting / advisory for the Head Office and/or the Outports
- C&B operations & HR Services
- Global mobility
Total rewards consulting / advisory and Global mobility
- Participate in the development and implementation of the compensation and benefits framework, policies and procedures, and manage the day-to-day C&B tasks to ensure they are compliant with statutory requirements and are in line with the Airline's philosophy and guidelines
- Assist in the development and implementation of performance management and rewards (monetary and non-monetary) programmes that attract and retain talent and drive high performing culture
- Conduct job evaluation and perform salary and benefits reviews based on market specific benchmarking and prepares reports about the internal equity and external competitiveness
- Act as a consultant on compensation, incentive and pension schemes, and provide all-rounded support to the P&R Managers and Business Partners / local HR teams on transfer, mobility and offer management as required
- Develop rewards communication plans and benefits communication calendar, create and update communication / training materials as and when needed
- Coordinate compensation-related processes, including but not limited to salary planning, bonus planning, annual staff cost budget planning
- Prepare various reports, proposals and presentation decks
C&B operations & HR Services
- Assist in various C&B operation (e.g., insurance and outsourced vendor renewal, HR audit, compensation & benefits database management, HR cost monitoring and forecasting)
- Manages various outsourced vendors / administrators to ensure delivery of good standard in the dining experience, employee transportation, relocation services and benefits claims
- Coordinate HR processes in partnership with the Digital Employee Experience and the Global Business Services teams to ensure efficient transition with downstream reward-related operation e.g. payroll, employee documentation, on-boarding and off-boarding, etc.
Applicable to all streams
- Act as the first point of contact for first-line the Global Business Services teams, HR Business Partners by providing guidelines and clarifications on policies and their application
- Provide training and HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition Managers in the complex usage of different HR and C&B policies and HR governance matters
- Participate as a team member and/or a reward SME in HR or non-HR projects focused on continuous improvement
- Degree holder in Human Resources Management / Organisational Psychology or business-related discipline
- At least 6 years working experience as in-house HR professional and/or in HR consultancy, specialising in compensation & benefits, rewards and performance management
- Well versed with common HR practices and sound knowledge of statutory requirements, employment laws, pensions legislations and regulatory environment in Hong Kong (and other regions will be advantageous)
- Experience in using HR analytics tools e.g. Power BI, and strong excel skills (e.g. vlook up, pivot tables etc.) will be advantageous
- Experience working with job evaluation methodology and salary and benefits surveys (e.g., Willis Towers Watson / Mercer / Korn Ferry)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, and high attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work across all levels and locations within the organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.