Reports to: Crew Resources Project Delivery Manager
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will lead, drive changes, coordinate and monitor the end-to-end Cockpit Crew pairings and roster production approach. This approach, being newly established in the Crew Resources team of Cathay Pacific, will be the pioneer in shaping the target operating model of an integrated pairing and rostering process.
The job holder is responsible for the end-to-end pairings and rostering production and to monitor the Cockpit Crew JCP pairings, training and line rosters being constructed in a productive and cost effective manners, and to be involved in the JCR cutover preparation activities as change agent to realize the Target Operating Model (TOM) transition to new ways of working and tools.
- Involve in the Crew Management Programme Jeppesen Crew Rostering implementation phase especially in cutover preparation activities, i.e. training and Dry Run.
- Provide continuous feedback and be the focal party in transitioning from the current practices and systems to the future setup as JCR rollout.
- Act as a change champion to lead the team to adopt the to-be Target Operating Model (TOM) with Jeppesen Crew Pairing and Rostering suites.
- Lead and supervise the team in the pairing (in JCP) and roster construction process for pilots of the Cathay Pacific (CX) or Cathay Dragon (KA).
- Lead the change of monthly production process with the end-to-end approach from Pairing to Rostering.
- Lead the team for strong interaction along the different stages of a production for continuous improvement in achieving the company targets and quality rosters.
- Work closely with Flight Schedule (Short Term) Planning on the commercial requirements and any changes.
- Provide regular reviews and make recommendations to improve the production quality.
- Project the detailed training requirements for schedule month and schedule “plus one month” roster.
- Coordinate with Crew Planning on the long and short term Cockpit Crew training strategies and requirements.
- Supervise the coordination of Cockpit Crew training and line rosters, simulator instructor roster productions in accordance with the training plans and required resources in activities.
- Coordinate with Crew Operations on the roster disruptions affecting the Cockpit Crew training.
- Coordinate with Planning Team to ensure the aircraft and slots are available for Base Training.
- Work closely with Flying Training Managers for the short term training requirements.
- Work closely with Technical Training and other offices for training supports.
- Liaise with CAD inspectors and to construct their flying rosters in Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon.
- Provide regular updates on training requirements and projection of progress on the monthly rosters.
- Conduct performance measurements on Cockpit Crew rosters based on the defined KPIs.
- Provide training roster information to Flying Training Managers and other relevant offices.
- Ensure all checklists, reports and system are checked properly such that the monthly roster is published in compliance with all the legal and Company requirements.
- Promote teamwork and provide coaching to the members in the team
- Maintain good teamwork and provide feedbacks to all Crew Resources teams for the continuous improvement in productions.
- Maintain technical knowledge required.
- Attend regular meetings with Crew Planning, Pairing & Distribution and Crew Operations, and proactively provide structured feedbacks with data for continuous improvements
- Monitor the performance of subordinates.
- Tertiary education.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- In-depth knowledge of Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme (AFTLS), Conditions of Service, Rostering Practices and Crew Training requirement is a pre- requisite.
- Knowledge of Jeppesen Pairing/ Rostering optimisation logics
- Knowledge of Cockpit Crew rostering and pairing is an advantage.
- Good ability in people management and communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Word or equivalent.
- Able to work independently and decisively under pressure and within a team.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in crew management environment, or equivalent.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Coping with Pressure
Application Deadline:12 December 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.