Location: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Reports to: Group Quality Assurance Manager – Flight Operations
Department: Group Safety & Operational Risk Management (GSORM)
This position will be responsible for supporting, administering, implementing and maintaining an effective quality assurance program across the flight operations departments of the Cathay Group airlines and with relevant suppliers of operational services.
Operational Quality System and Quality Assurance
- Conduct audits effectively, efficiently and according to documented procedures and planned schedule.
- Act as a Lead Auditor or Auditor for Internal, Corporate, Consolidated Port and Supplier Audits, as per qualification level, to meet company, regulatory or IOSA requirements.
- Assist with preparation for internal and supplier audits, such as preparing the ISARP matrix, yearly schedule, checklist creation etc.
- Assist with the bi-annual IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), including assessment of operational activities, to ensure ongoing conformance with the relevant IOSA standards.
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete audit records, including Conformance Reports, in RR Safety Management System Solution.
- Provide periodic updates to management in relation to outstanding actions.
- Review and provide recommendations on improving quality system performance.
- Assist Flight Operations (FOP) sections in preparation of documentation that forms part of the quality management system.
- Support the preparation for and presentation of, the annual Management Review with FOP General Managers and the quality committee.
- Review the safety conformity on any code-sharing or wet-leasing arrangement with any IATA airlines related to FOP.
- Support, implement and monitor the relevant safety and quality processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all legal, regulatory and IOSA requirements.
- Maintain an accurate understanding of FOP Air Operator’s Certificate support activities whilst providing effective guidance and leadership at the working level.
- Maintain the Compliance Matrix for CX and KA
- Coordinate, monitor and work with relevant functional areas within FOP on their documentation and records systems including format, distribution and revision control.
- Professionally represent the Company and/or Department at relevant meetings.
- Assist in crisis response involving any Cathay Group airline, as a Care Team member.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with the FOP departments based on mutual trust and understanding, including participation in management meetings.
- Deputize for the Group Quality Assurance Manager - Flight Operations as required.
- Extensive duty travel required to conduct audits or other company related tasks.
- Coordinate various external and in-house training and maintaining training records for the Quality Flight and Cabin Operations team.
- Adhere to company policies as published by the Cathay Group airlines.
- 3-5 years operational experience in the airline industry, preferably in-flight operations, dispatch or engineering.
- 1-3 years in a management or supervisory role.
- Adequate and appropriate safety and/or quality systems experience.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Data and process literate along with computer literacy - Microsoft Office.
- Tertiary education or equivalent.
- Lead Auditor qualifications.
- Engineering/maintenance and/or Pilots license.
- Understanding of aircraft technical systems for aircraft operated by CX/KA.
- Understanding of commercial airline flight operations and/or dispatch operations.
- Understanding of Aviation regulatory framework and requirements.
- IATA Operational Safety Audit & Dangerous Goods awareness.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning, Organisation and Accountability
- Continuous Improvement, Innovation & Professional Expertise
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 21 October 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.