Reports to: Airport & Ground Services Procurement Manager
The Procurement & Aircraft Trading Department (APD) is a centralized organization within the Cathay Pacific Group responsible for end-to-end procurement of strategic products and services for Cathay Pacific group airlines. Its mission is to create sustainable and recognized stakeholder value through procurement excellence.
APD is structured by major category of spend, including : Aircraft Trading, Powerplants and Engineering Services, Customer Experience, Information Technology and Corporate Services and Services & Operations (Airports, Ground Handling, Accommodation and Fuel).
The Operations Procurement team is comprised of 4 sub-categories:
• Airports (Airport Charges and Commercial Agreements)
• Ground Handling (Passenger, Freighter and Ramp)
• Crew Accommodation,
• Fuel and Fuel Services
The position is responsible for improving procurement productivity and value delivered in the category by collaborating with internal client departments to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supply relationship management expertise. The Assistant Manager Ground Services Procurement will work with head-office client departments, outport teams, airport authorities and external suppliers on projects related to the Ground Services category with a total aggregate annual spend exceeding HKD 3.5 billion.
The business categories supported by the Assistant Manager Ground Services Procurement include Ground Handling (Passenger and Ramp), Cargo Handling, Cargo Trucking, Cargo Equipment and Security.
- Identifying and driving category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager, constructively challenging requirements and scope of work to ensure that services procured reflect the best ROI for the business
- Support the category manager in the effective implementation and delivery of the ground services category strategy with a view to implementing lean and effective procurement across the business and realizing value-add opportunities
- Conduct global/regional/local market analysis identifying trends that may have positive or negative impacts on the company; to support the effective development of the category strategy and RFX process
- Develop and create alternative supply options within the category to ensure that the business derives the best value for money
- Lead end-to-end sourcing engagements with internal clients and suppliers for passenger and cargo handling projects, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis, supplier evaluation, negotiation and contracting, and subsequent contract management
- Develop strong supplier relationships with Cathay’s key global ground handling providers ensuring that suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship and performance management
- Lead supplier assessment and benchmarking process and conduct detailed analytical work to support network planning and development
- Effectively manage key stakeholders across the airports, cargo, engineering and outports teams to drive further efficiencies and deliver value across the business
- University Graduate. Business- and or aviation-related degree an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant commercial experience in a relevant environment
- Strong background in Procurement. A relevant professional qualification an advantage (e.g. CIPS)
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation, and contract management
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams at multiple organisation levels
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
- Effective leadership and change management skills
- Numerate and with good computer skills; knowledge of Ariba e-procurement system an advantage
- Willing to travel overseas as needed
- Fluency in English required
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.