Reports to: Flight Dispatch Manager
Department: Flight Operations (FOP)
The job holder will manage the Flight Dispatch operations so as to ensure the provision of effective and efficient flight planning and Dispatch services.
- Ensure flights released are in compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements by setting up guidelines and procedures conforming to the Company policies.
- Improve the flight planning products and Dispatch services by participating in the development of the flight planning system and to explore ways of improvement to meet the latest business environments.
- Ensure a smooth and safe Extended Diversion Time Operation (EDTO) by reviewing staff legal EDTO training standards, annual refresher and route familiarization requirement as recommended by Company policies or ICAO.
- Ensure a smooth and reliable operation of computer flight planning system by maintaining the Dispatch Policy database and coordinating with Flight Planning Services (FPS) for computer flight plan problem fixing.
- Maintain the continuity of the unit function in the Disaster Recovery (DR) site under disaster situation by co-ordinating with FPS and IM to ensure the DR site is available in accordance with the Company specified time scale to minimize the disruption on services provided.
- Responsible for assessing Flight Dispatch Co-ordinators, Senior Flight Dispatchers, Flight Dispatchers, Flight Dispatch Officers and Flight Dispatch Assistants’ proficiency and competency, in accordance with IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) requirements in carrying out their duties and to keep Flight Dispatch Manager (FDM) updated as required.
- Assist FDM for staff development to ensure Company needs are continually met in a consistent manner.
- Assess CAR and answer crew’s queries related to flight planning and take necessary action.
- Undertake innovative activities to improve the unit’s service level.
- Assist Flight Dispatch Manager with Company projects related to flight planning and Dispatch services.
- Assist the transition from current system to LIDO flight planning system.
- Conduct and Monitor training and the standard to the Flight Dispatch Staff.
- Handle correspondence related to the unit function and personnel matters.
- Attend meetings relevant to the jobs and review Ops handling procedures as required.
- Maintaining technical knowledge required.
- Stand in for FDM as required.
- Tertiary Education.
- Excellent command of English (Written and spoken).
- Full Flight Dispatch training included EDTO, POLAR, NAT and PACIFIC Flight Operations.
- Good knowledge of Flight Planning system operation, database administration and policy setting.
- Computer literacy with a knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORDS, EXCEL, VISIO, ACCESS, POWERPOINT).
- ICAO/FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License is desired but not essential.
- Previous on-hand experience with LIDO Flight Planning System would be distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Good time management skill, organized methodical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- 8 years' Flight Dispatch Experience or minimum 2 years' working experience in Senior Flight Dispatchers position.
- Good experience in project, change management, establishment of operational policies and procedure.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 2 February 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.