Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Department: Finance (FIN)
The Assistant Manager will play a pivotal role in the Financial Reporting Team, independently driving initiatives and efficiencies to develop and improve regular and ad hoc financial reporting processes and controls.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Drive initiatives and improvements for regular and ad hoc financial reporting and control activities e.g. financial reporting processes, balance sheet reviews, subsidiary and associate submissions and general ledger controls
- Work collaboratively with wider FIN team members in aligning information for consistent external and internal reporting of company and group reports
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly management reports including consolidating data from various sources for meaningful variance and other analysis
- Determine appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in accordance with accounting standards and management reporting needs
- Assess financial impact of new accounting standards
- Oversee day to day operations of centralised group-wide operating lease accounting under IFRS16
- Assist in the planning and coordination of external audit work and preparation of interim and annual reports
- Address queries from internal and external auditors
- Coach, guide and review work of team members
- Perform ad hoc assignments as and when required
Experience, Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Professional designation in Accountancy
- Minimum 5 years accounting related experience gained from an internationally recognized accounting/ audit firm.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate in a multicultural environment
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese/Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin advantageous.
- Sound analytical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Able to work both independently as well as being an effective team player
- Strong skills in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
- Experience in using SAP advantageous
- Able to work under pressure and being flexible when necessary to meet deadlines
- Willing to challenge the status quo and improve work processes
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Analysing and Problem-Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Customer Focus
Application Deadline: 25 September 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.