Reports to: Catering Inflight and Lounge Manager
Department: Catering Centre of Excellence (CCE)
The position is responsible for managing the accurate and timely documents regarding catering uplift and schedules to caterers, other sections within Inflight Service Delivery Team (ISD), Customer Experience Team (CED), CPCS and various departments concerned to achieve an overall smooth operation. The incumbent is accountable for a proper, detailed and correct administration of the CX and KA Catering Planner and be responsible for cockpit and cabin crew menus setup.
The role will oversee and be responsible for Cathay Pacific(CX) and Cathay Dragon (KA) menu card and wine card production, translations, description proof reading and content management (e.g. use of font and font size etc) according to CX Brand guidelines.
- Assist to manage and prepare the overhead budget and cost.
- Accountable for managing meal and non-meal specifications, scheduling rules and Catering Uplift Plans (CUPs) generation.
- Ensure CUPs are adjusted to menu cycles and specification changes.
- Lead and manage the Food & Beverage Admin team to create and maintain CX/KA Catering Planner system specification data and dish photos are up to date/ correct and in a timely manner with current menu cycle information.
- Address caterer questions and concerns regarding uplift plans and ratios.
- Lead and communicate uplift for charter, VIP or off-schedule flights through Catering Planner system.
- Responsible for coordinating and consolidating the menu specifications information for Catering tenders.
- Oversee and responsible for CX and KA menu card and wine / beverage drink list production, translations, description proof reading and content management (e.g., use of font and font size etc) according to CX Brand guidelines. Liaise and follow up with Brand team, CED, outsourced Menu Writer and menu card printer on any menu card content or guidelines changes.
- Provide support to Catering Inflight and Lounge Team for day to day operation on dish code creation, Smart Serve data input, caterer tendering, wine, beverage and dry store tasting selection, evaluation activities, events, and special order when required.
- Prepare and provide support to Menu Planners and Culinary Design Chefs for HK and outports’ meal presentation documents and Meal Presentation Guidelines. Attend HK and outport meal presentation for administration support if necessary.
- Review and answer CX/KA e-catering feedback report (eCFR).
- Prepare and issue notices to relevant parties through CX/KA Cabin Crew Newsletter (CCNL), Notice to Business Partners (NTBP), KA crew notices, Flight Preparation and Air ready when required.
- Accountable for updating manuals such as CX/KA Catering Operations Manual (COM), Policy and Procedures Manual (PPM), Catering Policy Manual (CPM), CX/KA Inflight Service Delivery Operation manual when required.
- Responsible for F&B projects as dedicated by Catering Inflight and Lounge Manager.
- University Degree in food and beverage, hotel management or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in airline, airline catering or food industries
- Good people and analytical skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer oriented and mature character
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills and self-motivated.
- Computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word
- Catering information maintenance.
- Good time management.
- Sound knowledge and experience on IFX4 Airline Catering system
- Knowledge on SAP system.
- Knowing our Business Development
- Driving Service and Business Excellence
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Collaborating with others
- Leading the Airlines
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Driving Business Performance and Change
Application deadline: 28 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.