Reports To: Digital Experience Manager – Mobile App
This position will involve working as a digital product owner on the Cathay Pacific Mobile App. The successful candidate will be collaborating closely with developers, designers, commercial teams, airport service delivery teams & other stakeholders to help develop and deliver a seamless app experience that supports our vision to be one of the world’s leading service brands.
- Work with the product manager, stakeholders, designers & development teams to form a deep understanding of our customer’s needs, pain points and potential solutions.
- Assist in developing a product roadmap for the app that supports our vision & strategic objectives while prioritising customer experience.
- You’ll be a champion for the customer by collaborating with the design & development team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve real problems for our customers
- You’ll ensure development teams are clear about why features are prioritized and that they are motivated to help build products and features that are seamless and drive value to air travellers.
- You’ll help define & manage testing and QA processes to ensure the overall quality of the app.
- You’ll work with peers across departments to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Degree holder with more than 3 years of digital product owner/manager experience ideally within a mobile app environment.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment and working with technical teams to define user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to collaborate with and help motivate teams.
- Experience using work management platforms such as Confluence & Jira.
- Experience developing test plans & processes to ensure a high-quality product is delivered.
- A love for building quality software that delights customers & addresses customer needs.
- Passionate about using data and insights during the discovery phase of product development, not as an afterthought.
- Asking why is second nature – we want someone who takes time to understand the problem before throwing out a solution.
- Able to break down complex problems and express them in simple terms to non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of airline services and products & operation flows is preferred.
- Fluent in Cantonese, English & ideally Mandarin.
- Industry certifications such as SAFe, CSPO, or PSPO are highly desirable
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.