Reports to: Components and Landing Systems Procurement Manager
Department: Procurement & Aircraft Trading (APD)
This position will be responsible for improving the productivity and value of the category by supporting the definition and implementation of procurement strategies for the Aircraft Components and Landing Systems and collaborating with client departments to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supply relationship management.
- Conduct market analysis to identify business opportunities and supply market trends which may have positive or negative impacts on the category.
- Support the development and implementation of the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and component maintenance/support services.
- Lead end-to-end sourcing process, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis (business case development), negotiation, evaluation and contracting.
- Identify and drive category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager.
- Liaise with all internal departments to ensure that the business requirements are well captured and relayed to suppliers as necessary.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and ensure suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
- Assist and support the category manager in carrying out any other relevant duties which may be required.
- Ensure compliance to Procurement Policy and support E2E process reviews.
- University Graduate. Business and/or aviation related degree will be an advantage.
- Strong background in Procurement and Category Management. A relevant professional qualification will be an advantage (e.g. CIPS).
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation and contract management.
- Knowledge of the category economics and operating model is essential.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams across a multi-level organisation.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective leadership and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 19 January 2021
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.