Reports to:Inflight Catering and Quality Control Manager
He/she needs to perform the quality assurance control and conduct quality inspections at HKG (CPCS) on a regular basis and outport inflight caterers as required dependent on caterers’ performance and operational needs as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager.
Oversee and manage HKG HUB and CX network catering supplier to ensure all agreed menu and catering uplift standards are met, ensuring Cathay Pacific’s quality requirements are maintained, procedures and instructions followed in accordance with our contracted and commercial agreement.
Manage and coordinate the 3rd party Quality assurance people(if applicable) to ensure they are performing up to the KPIs which include operations performance and productivity. Follow up with their catering inspection plan, lead & conduct regular review meetings on quality and performance issues.
- Conduct catering inspections at Hong Kong (CPCS) & CX network on a regular basis and outport inflight caterers’ dependant on caterers’ performance and operational needs as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager.
- Set quality assurance strategy and performance KPI.
- Identify, agree and follow up on required action plan for continuous improvement as and where required.
- Manage & coordinate the 3rdparty quality assurance people(if applicable) to ensure a productive and high-performance work to deliver. Follow up with their catering inspection plan, conduct regular review meeting on quality and performance issues for continuous improvement of catering quality standard on board.
- Ensures caterers comply with quality standards on menu/equipment condition/galley packing/inventory control as well as uplift instructions are delivered in accordance with contracted terms.
- Perform food sample tasting on final products with Design Chef, caterer’s chef and production manager to ensure CX pre-defined standard is adhered to.
- Take immediate action with caterers to rectify problem products or discrepancy found.
- Monitor responsible caterers' performance through catering inspections.
- Conduct catering wastage checks (e.g. food and drink wastage) at applicable caterers if & when necessary and directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager.
- Investigate crew and passenger catering feedback reports concerning on menu/uplift non-compliance issues.
- Prepare summary report to Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager, HK & outport caterer’s performance as well as work progress of seconded Catering Quality Specialist via the quality inspection process.
- Plan monthly inspection schedules for HKG HUB catering supplier.
- Ensure Continuous Monitoring Inspection(CMI) reports are submitted in a timely manner and results are recorded in CPRP data collection point.
- Enter and maintain the inspection results, findings, corrective action into AQD system in timely and accurate.
- Hold monthly performance engagement meetings with HK HUB caterer & outport caterers with focus on driving consistency and quality improvements.
- Update PPM, COM, ISD Ops Manual and assist Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager to prepare/issue CCNL/NTBP when required.
- Take up catering improvement project as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager.
- Follow all reasonable instructions as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager or Head of Culinary Excellence.
- Follow all reasonable instructions as directed by team manager/supervisor.
- Perform cross functional tasks in line with your role level after sufficient training if & when required.
- Degree holder in Food & Beverage, Hotel Catering or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in Airline or Catering Industries
- Sound working knowledge in quality assurance techniques (such as HACCP), food hygiene and auditing skills.
- Sound experience and knowledge in airline business, flight kitchen processes and procedures
- Good knowledge of food handling, preparation & cooking procedures
- Good people and analytical skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Strong problem solving
- Customer oriented and tactful in management skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Mature and good team spirit
- Proactive and Self-motivated
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Mandarin speaking is a plus
- Computer literacy e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word and Chinese word Typing
Personal & Application Information
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.