Reports to: Catering and Lounges Procurement Manager
This position will be responsible for improving the productivity and value of the category by collaborating with client departments to manage third party expenditure through demand management, category planning and supply relationship management expertise.
- Identify and drive category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager in both catering and lounge categories.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the development and implementation of category strategies, in collaboration with Business units for relevant categories of spend.
- Lead end-to-end sourcing process, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis, negotiation and evaluation to contracting.
- Conduct market intelligence and provide feedback on product and commercial information.
- Perform cost analysis and day-to-day pricing updates on menu change.
- Professionally manage both supplier relationships and develop partnership with strategic suppliers.
- Execute, in collaboration with Business units, performance measurements for managing on-going supplier relationships; and continually seek improvements from the supply market.
- Contract and Commercial negotiations with suppliers to obtain the best value for CX.
- Assist in the development of creative and innovative approaches to the market which:
- Promote the value of CX to suppliers.
- Access supplier innovation and benefits, if possible, before the competition.
- Maintain maximum independence and opportunity for future flexibility.
- Minimize risk exposure for the airline.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide a value added professional and ethical procurement solution which satisfies BU’s business needs through the adoption of best practices ensuring achievement of quality and cost targets.
- Systems and Processes
- Implement the procurement policy, tools and processes in managing the categories as assigned.
- Lead supplier assessment and bench-marking processes.
- Conduct detailed analytical work for planning purposes.
- Special Projects
- Provide support to the Procurement Manager and carry out any other relevant duties or projects which may be required.
- University Graduate. Business, Procurement and or Hospitality related degree an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant commercial experience in a relevant environment (Knowledge of inflight catering/equipment/airport lounges an advantage).
- Strong background in Procurement. A relevant professional qualification an advantage (e.g. CIPS).
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, cost evaluation and contract management.
- Knowledge of the category economics and operating model.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams and at a multiple organisation levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective leadership and change management skills.
- Numerate and with good computer skills.
- Fluent in spoken English, Mandarin a plus.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.