Report to: Cargo Service Development Manager
Direct and develop policies and standards for the handling of special cargo products (Temperature Sensitive Solutions, Handling Sensitive Solutions, and Time Sensitive Solutions) in the network.
Design and develop service features for new cargo products driven by Cargo Commercial along with continuous improvement initiatives.
Provide the head office support to cargo operations worldwide for procedure, processes and system pertaining to special cargo.
- Direct and develop policies and standards for handling of special cargo products (Temperature Sensitive, Handling Sensitive and Time Sensitive Solutions in the network by referencing IATA and governments’ regulations and company requirements.
- Design and develop service features for new cargo products driven by Cargo Commercial along with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide head office support to cargo operations worldwide for procedure, processes and system pertaining to special cargo.
- Participate in Quality Review Meeting of special cargo products and follow up.
- Assist in development of operation procedures and new service features for special cargo products.
- Provide guidance to investigation on special cargo irregularities and identify corrective and prevention actions with controlled feedback.
- Ensure the group’s and suppliers’ compliance with international regulations and international policies through port performance monitoring and inspections.
- Monitor the quality of handling and operations of special cargo products including IATA CEIV Pharmaceutical, CEIV Fresh and Live Animals certification in absence of line manager.
- Identify business needs and drive enhancement in the IT system to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Review and update internal documents related to handling of special cargo products.
Temperature Sensitive Solutions
- Represent the airline group in IATA Temperature Sensitive Working Group.
- Provide support on temperature control cargo operations.
- Obtain and maintain IATA CEIV Pharmaceutical and Fresh certifications.
Handling Sensitive Solutions
- Represent the airline group in Live Animals and Perishable Board.
- Provide support on handling sensitive cargo operations.
- Support passenger and crew handling teams for live animals carried by passengers and crew members.
Time Sensitive Solutions
- Represent airline group in IATA and in related industry forums (e.g. mail type related).
- Provide support on handling time sensitive cargo operations.
- Direct and develop policies, standards and compliance programme for special cargo products by referencing IATA, UPU and governments’ regulations.
- University degree holder or equivalent.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in air cargo operations with 3 years at supervisory level.
- Self-motivated and possess ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Polished communication and interpersonal skills and able to interact with people at all levels with different cultural background.
- Excellent business acumen with analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Independent and detail-oriented.
- Willing to travel overseas if required.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Fluent Cantonese and Putonghua is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Sound cargo services and operations knowledge and familiar with international regulations (e.g. IATA Live Animals Regulations, IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations, and IATA Temperature Control Regulations).
- Qualified with IATA Regulations for Temperature Cargo, Perishable Cargo and live animals.
- IATA Audit, Quality and Risk Management for Temperature Control Cargo qualified.
- Candidates with less experiences will be considered as Specialist.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons