Reports to: Cargo Revenue Manager (Planning and Analytics)
Indirectly reports to: Head of Cargo Revenue Management
The job holder is a key member of the Cargo Revenue Management team. The job holder will lead a team of cargo revenue management professionals to manage our annual cargo revenue budget, produce periodic performance measures and forecasts, as well as provide analytic insights to facilitate business decision towards more healthy revenue contribution to Cathay Pacific (CX).
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Commercial budget and forecast:
- Lead the budget and forecast process for traffic volume, revenue and commercial cost.
- Build, operate and enhance various models to improve forecast accuracy.
- Commercial analytics:
- Act as the portfolio manager of the cargo decision support system.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of commercial analytics.
- Produce business performance update and analytic insight to senior management.
- Champion information driven decision making approach and promote to the worldwide Cargo commercial team.
- Provide consultative collaboration in order for the business to improve revenue efficiency and customer experience.
- Contribute to other initiatives and projects as subject matter expert that commercial analytics is required.
- Database and tools management:
- Responsible for the design, construction and operations of the commercial databases.
- Be in-charge of cargo decision support system operations, e.g. data loading and access control.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure that data from a variety of channels and internal reports are correctly collected, stored and applied.
- People and team development:
- Lead the information driven decision making approach and promote the cultural change to the team.
Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor degree holder of an analytical discipline, such as business, science and engineering. Candidate with post-secondary qualification together with strong and relevant experience may also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience. Prior people management experience would be an advantage.
- Natural ability as strategies implementer – act as the bridge between commercial and technical; and sales and operations; equipped with good communication and presentation skills.
- Instinctively numerate – love numbers and, more importantly, curious to understand the story behind numbers and able to drive behavioural improvement through numbers.
- Excellent research and benchmarking capabilities – conduct market research and competitive analysis with extensive experience in data collection, synthesis and documentations.
- Strong leadership talents – equipped with “team player” attitude and spirit, and the natural ability to establish consensus among cross-functional lines.
- Expert skill in data management, data mining, BI tools, e.g. Qlik-suite, Alteryx, Excel and knowledge in in SQL, VBA etc.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application Deadline: 27 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.