Reports To: Cabin Interiors Procurement Manager
This position will be responsible for supporting the definition and implementation of procurement strategies for the Cabin Interiors category (including Seats, Galleys and Cabin Integration Services), and for managing the supplier relationship management process.
- Support the development and implementation of the Cabin Interiors category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance / support services.
- Conduct market analysis to identify Passenger Experience and supply market trends which may have positive or negative impacts on the company, develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Support engagement with BU stakeholders, constructively challenge specifications and manage BU demand.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key suppliers in the category through differentiated engagement strategies.
- Lead/support sourcing process including proposal evaluations, commercial and contract negotiations through business award. Subsequently support delivery programs on commercial and contractual items.
- Drive innovation in the category in terms of sourcing approaches and leverage the introduction of new technology to streamline and improve in-category processes.
- Actively contribute to developing a high performance culture and standards among Procurement and Aircraft Trading (APD) community.
- Procurement and Category Management experience is essential.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to inspire, and build trust and respect among BU stakeholders and the APD community.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Performance management skills.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 June 2022 onwards, all Cathay employees and contractors who work in Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong must have received a third dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Being tested regularly for COVID-19 is not an option. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons