Reports To: Cabin Crew Communications and Engagement Manager
Are you a creative content creator? The job holder is responsible for creating and editing and distributing content across the full range of Cabin Crew communication channels, including intranet, apps, newsletters, emails, video and social media platforms.
The Assistant Manager Cabin Crew Communications & Engagement is responsible for helping to improve relations between cabin crew and the leadership team through effective communications, and use data analytics to derive insights for effective communications.
- Responsible for editorial work including writing, editing and publishing content for a range of communication channels, including digital channels and internal social media platforms
- Ensure communications to the Cabin Crew community is written and delivered in a format which is appropriate to the objectives
- Research and write communication pieces as appropriate for the target cabin crew audience
- Support organisational change initiatives by implementing communication plans
- Liaise, coordinate and implement Cabin Crew communication campaigns for launch of new inflight initiative
- Support leadership communication that connect Cathay’s senior management team to the business with their own tone of voice on ISD & Cabin Crew related matters
- Act as an account manager to key stakeholders to manage and accommodate their communications needs
- Provide support for video and multimedia production
- Utilise and develop appropriate platforms to effectively engage and develop positive interaction between Inflight Service Delivery (ISD) and our Cabin Crew community
- Translate articles and documents from Chinese to English, and vice versa
- Use data analytics to measure success and improve quality of communication
- Liaise with service providers of communication tools for maintenance, functionality enhancement and bug fixes
- Provide guidance to secondee in content creation and monitoring of communication channels
- May be required to provide out-of-hour support
- Deputise when required for other members of the communications and engagement team
- University Degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Creative writing or related disciplines
- 3-5 year’s prior experience in writing/editing/copy-writing with newspapers, magazines, internet or marketing content
- Cabin crew or aviation-related experience will be an advantage
- Excellent written English and Chinese and experience writing and editing for native English and Chinese audience - with proven ability to translate between Chinese and English
- Strong multimedia knowledge
- Experience in internal communications and staff engagement preferred.
- Experience in producing video content for an internal audience will be an advantage
- Experience using data measurement in communications
- Ability to adapt messages that resonate with the target audience (cabin crew)
- Computer literacy of MS applications and Chinese word processing
- Working knowledge of web development and publishing tools (HTML, Flash, Photoshop, etc.)
- Polished interpersonal skills and a creative, dynamic and innovative drive
- Outgoing personality, good listener, patience, team player and natural leader
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.