Reports to: Ancillaries Manager
Department: Sales and Distribution
The Assistant Ancillaries Manager will support the Ancillaries Manager to design and develop ancillary products. Overall responsibilities include defining detailed product requirements, implement launch plan, produce revenue reports, initiate and carry out optimisation initiatives
Own and develop the assigned ancillary products to cover the following responsibilities:
- Responsible ancillary products includes air ancillary (e.g. advanced seat reservation, extra legroom seat, upgrade bid, Booking on hold, etc.) and non-air ancillary (e.g. travel insurance). The ancillary product range will expand, change and prioritized according to business needs
- Work with relevant departments (such as Revenue Management, Customer Experience, Brand/Marketing, Airport, Inflight Delivery, Global Call Centre) to come up with ancillary product proposition, customer experience, pricing strategy, servicing flow and customer support.
- Assist Ancillaries Manager to formulate business case for ancillaries items
- Conduct legal assessment (if required) with the support from legal and compliance team
- Work with IT development teams to expand selling platform and touch points of the ancillary products, these include but not limited to the following :
- Work with business analysts to provide detailed business requirements and acceptance criteria for development teams
- Work out user acceptance test plan and carry out user acceptance tests
- Work out business process changes requirements
- Plan and carry out product launch plan, such as market rollout schedule, communications approach, lines-to-take and FAQ for operating teams.
- Provide revenue forecast, measure revenue performance and provide revenue reports on a regularly basis
- Work closely with suppliers/partners to ensure ancillary products are sold, serviced and optimized with performance tracking well defined and in place
Ancillary Retail and Merchandising Capabilities
- Work with Revenue Management, Customer Experience and Digital departments to use data to generate enhancement ideas to continue improving ancillary products features and functions.
- Work out optimization plan, test and review business rules to optimize revenue performance in each channels and touch points, such as price adjustment, user experience A/B testing, personalization initiatives, etc.
- Work with Brand/Marketing and Corporate Affairs departments to come up with tactical promotion, social media and marketing campaigns to increase awareness and sales of ancillary products
Research & benchmarking
- Analyze data along a customer journey (such as shopping, booking, pre-flight, inflight, on destination) to identify customers’ needs or struggles and propose new ancillary products & proposition to enhance customer experience hence revenues to the airline
- Monitor closely other airlines’ and OTAs’ ancillary product launch, strategy, pricing, partners and recommend new ancillaries opportunities to the airline
- Assist Ancillaries Manager to monitor, evaluate and analysis any new products/suppliers and new technology/tools to increase ancillary revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, eCommerce or relevant discipline
- Must have 5+ years of product development and eCommerce experience in travel industry
- Good understanding of airline ancillaries products, trend, best practice and technology
- Understanding and experience with Amadeus ancillary products & solution will be advantageous
- Strong understanding of eCommerce platform capabilities and optimization technology
- Solid experience in revenue analysis and digital analytics.
- Excellent communications skills able to engage business partners, stakeholders across functions at all levels
- Excellent time management and be able to work under pressure
- Commercial Acumen
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Driving Business Performance and Change
Application deadline: 24 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.