Department: Procurement and Aircraft Trading
Reports to: Aircraft Maintenance Services Procurement Manager
This position will be responsible for identifying and driving procurement benefits of the category by collaborating with client departments to manage third party expenditure, leading end-to-end sourcing process, leading supplier assessment and tender evaluation, and managing supply relationship.
- Identify and drive category opportunities in conjunction with client departments and the category manager.
- Assist and support the category manager in carrying out any other relevant duties which may be required.
- Lead supplier assessment and benchmarking process and conduct detailed analytical work for planning purposes.
- Execute end-to-end sourcing process, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis, negotiation and evaluation to contracting.
- Support the development and implementation of the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and ensure suppliers deliver as per their contractual obligations with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
- University Graduate. Business and/or aviation-related degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant commercial experience and a relevant environment.
- Strong interest or background in Commerical or Procurement. A relevant professional qualification will be an advantage (e.g. CIPS).
- Relevant experience in supply market analysis, RFP exercies, cost evaluation and contract management.
- Knowledge of the category economics and operating model is desirable.
- Strong business acumen, influencing and analytical skill.
- Excellent interpersonal; and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams and at multiple organisation levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Numerate and with good computer skills.
- Fluent in spoken English.
- Developing Professional Expertise
- Commercial Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Application deadline: 13 August 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.