Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Department: Internal Audit (IAU)
The Internal Audit Department is responsible for providing independent and objective evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control systems in various areas and functions of the Group and making relevant recommendations for improvement. This position allows you to gain exposure to different activities within the Cathay Group including international travel. Reporting to the Audit Committee, the Internal Audit Department is responsible for providing assurance over all types of risks across the Group. This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Internal Audit Manager in leading teams and acting as a team member to carry out internal audit assignments across the Cathay Group, covering the Group’s key risks and end to end processes, including working closely with the IT internal audit team to deliver integrated audits;
- Ensuring quality auditing and consulting services are delivered in order to provide a high level of assurance over all types of risks across the Group.
- Hands-on delivery of internal audits (planning, fieldwork, reporting, follow-up), including some assignments in the capacity of team leader (in-charge) and some as a team member, including working closely with IT Internal Audit. Including leading meetings, analyzing data, reviewing documents, preparing working papers, developing and documenting findings and recommendations, and managing senior stakeholders up to General Manager level.
- When acting as in-charge, planning and deploying internal audit resources to ensure that audits are completed on time and on budget, keeping all stakeholders regularly updated on progress.
- High standard of quality audits is conducted through understanding of business and risks, proper identification of issues; reports are prepared timely with high quality and issues are clearly communicated and agreed with the senior management and executives with recommendations and solutions, which can be applied effectively and efficiently across a large and complex group.
- Use of problem solving to obtain relevant data and information including dealing with ambiguity and exercising judgement / professional skepticism.
- When acting as in-charge, providing mentoring, coaching, supervision and feedback to internal audit team. Leading by example to motivate, support and inspire the team to deliver high quality internal audit work.
- Where required, conducting special reviews including whistleblowing investigations.
- Working independently under general direction including exercising initiative, independent judgement and proposing solutions to senior management. Judgement in knowing when to escalate issues and seek support/direction if needed.
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Degree from reputable institution and professional accounting qualification such as CPA or equivalent designation. Desirable: professional internal auditing qualification such as CIA.
- Minimum 5 years’ internal and/or external audit experience in a Big 4 audit firm or multinational corporation. While internal audit experience is preferred, candidates with only external audit experience will be considered.
- Experience of leading small teams to deliver audit work
- Knowledge and experience of internal audit best practice
- High energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment, striving to exceed expectations
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to work independently and in a matrix and remote environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including courage and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Commercially focused
- A team player who is self-initiated, independent and able to meet tight schedules
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with teammates and all levels of staff members from various business units
- Role model for the team who conducts self and work with honesty and integrity in line with all company policies and procedures
- Willingness to travel (up to 30%)
- Fluent in writing and speaking in English and in Chinese as a bonus
- Experience in using data analytics tools and techniques is preferred
- Experience working within a B2C, consumer brand is desirable
Application deadline: 20 January 2020
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.