Reports to: Compliance Manager
Department: Group Legal and Compliance (CRM)
Group Compliance is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the compliance programmes for the Cathay Pacific Group in all countries in which it operates, with a particular focus on anti-trust, anti-bribery, data privacy and corporate governance.
We are now seeking a high-calibre individual to join our team which oversees the effective setup and execution of the Cathay Pacific compliance programs.
- Support Compliance Manager to manage the compliance programmes and proactively identify areas of continuous improvement.
- Handle enquires and provide pragmatic advice on compliance with policies and guidelines based on an understanding of the business and their commercial and business objectives.
- Handle cases involving alleged violations of policies and guidelines and whistleblowing cases and maintain an update-to-date register.
- Conduct compliance monitoring/audit activities and identify gaps.
- Manage an effective compliance training programme including developing training contents and briefing materials.
- Promoting compliance awareness, and designing and developing compliance communications.
- Assisting in handling enquiries and investigations by external regulators, working with relevant business representatives as required.
- Management and oversight of compliance projects as assigned by Associate General Counsel and/or Compliance Manager.
- Support Group Compliance generally across all areas including maintaining departmental intranet pages and carrying out budgeting exercises.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder, preferably in law or a business-related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience preferably in related areas.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact at all levels.
- Flexible, self-motivated, strong team player who can also work independently with minimum supervision.
- Details-oriented with strong planning, project management, multi-tasking and organizing capabilities.
- Experience in implementing a compliance monitoring programme in-house will be preferred.
- Experience in airline industry, good knowledge and experience in the area of audit, risk or corporate governance will all be advantages.
Application Deadline:17 December 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.