Location: Bangalore(Bengaluru), India
Job Level: B
Reports to: Regional Head of Airports – SAMEA
The main responsibilities of an Airport Operations Manager are:
- To lead and manage the overall airport operations to run smoothly and efficiently during all operational shifts whilst complying with the established safety, security and quality standards.
- To deliver the best possible operation and airport service experience ensuring our customers always feel special and valued at all times, regardless of circumstance.
- To inspire our people and suppliers to embrace change and excel in everything they do including to take every opportunity to benefit from technological advancement and representing the Company’s best interests within the local community.
Safety First, Quality Always
- Rigorously execute corporate safety, security and quality policies to ensure the station, employees and suppliers are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Achieve absolute operational integrity, with zero safety defects and security infringements.
- Advocate a “Just Culture” and develop proactive partnerships with stakeholders in root cause investigations and analysis.
- Partner with local airport management to identify and mitigate personal, safety and security risks in the workplace for employees (suppliers included) by promoting and developing a culture of zero tolerance on safety and security incidents.
- Act as the Airline’s Operational Duty Holder (ODH) of the airport adhering to the risk escalation process to the Functional Duty Holder (GM ASD).
- Lead the local team to achieve error free operational excellence with particular emphasis on safety management, on time performance, baggage handling and future airport experience
- Proactively explore ways to excel above published standards, airport policies and procedures
- Deploy resources productively to maximise efficiency
- Celebrate and promote ‘Best Practise’
- Oversee and play an integral role to ensure airport operational continuity
- Commitment to owning the full spectrum of airport operational issues and resolving them in a pragmatic, commercial and legally compliant manner
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required
Outstanding Product and Services
- Inspire the local team to live the ‘Service Straight From The Heart’ principles as an enabler to create genuine connection and memorable experiences for our customers across all points of contact
- Actively seek opportunities to apply new technologies in the customer experience flow
- Drive airport lounge experience to the highest level with a customer centric approach
- Confer recognition on, and earn the loyalty and emotional attachment of, our highest-value customers (front-end and elite Marco Polo members)
Crisis Management Capability and Preparedness
- Support the Regional Business Resilience Coordinator to develop organisational, supplier and individual capabilities for effectively handling Emergency and Accident (E&A), Irregular Operations (IROPS), and other foreseeable airport contingencies
- Plan for and manage exercises, reviews, and update all contingency plans and manual backup procedures at least once per annum
- Implement IROPS plan during significant disruptions and lead the team to mitigate further disruption to the operational plan
- Ensure our customers are cared for, informed and given choice where possible through the use of disruption management tools
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensure the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Actively participate in recruitment and selection activities for the airport team
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development programmes are in place to suit both self-handled and 3rd party ports as appropriate
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay Pacific’s core values
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the brand promise
- Actively manage supplier performance levels as per contract and service level agreements
- Ensure sub-contracting as per contract and engage the relevant parties when information and changes occur
- Set clear direction and expectations to suppliers as per corporate requirements
- Conduct regular (at least monthly) performance review meetings with the suppliers
- Establish action plans and ensure the plan is being delivered in an efficient manner and keep track of all documentation
- Plan and manage station budget and airport-related costs with all key stakeholders
- Seek opportunities to drive down costs by making them controllable
- Seek revenue opportunities by maximising the utilisation of properties e.g. Lounge
- Manage budgets and costs effectively without compromising legislation, levels of service or operational performance
Represent Cathay’s interests in the airport community
- Actively engage and manage external airport relationships in the best interests of the Company – authorities, suppliers and service providers, oneworld partners, and other airlines
- Ensure competition compliance involvement in airport-related industry affairs
- Act as the representative in AOC or BAR to protect the interests of the airline
Proactive Partnerships with Regional and Head Office
- Sustain effective communication with Head / Regional Office to establish mutual understanding
- Partner with Head / Regional Office departments on improvement initiatives and projects
- Champion Head / Regional Office initiatives
- Develop and implement local strategy in conjunction with Head / Regional Office directives and frameworks
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Graduate in any field is a minimum
- Master’s degree in operations management, business administration, airport planning and management or airport operations is desirable
Application Deadline: 31 Aug 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.