At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All Chinese mainland based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Chinese mainland. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
- To supervise and support the daily assigned team member functions to ensure overall operations run smoothly and efficiently during the operational shift whilst conforming to established safety and security standards.
- To deliver the best possible operation and airport service experience to ensure our customers always feel special, valued and recognised regardless of circumstance.
Safety First, Quality Always
- Execute corporate safety, security and quality policies to ensure the station, employees and suppliers are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements and quality standards
- Achieve absolute operational integrity with zero safety defects and security infringements
- Support local airport management to identify and mitigate personal, safety and security risks in the workplace for employees (suppliers included) by promoting and developing a culture of zero tolerance on safety and security incidents
- Supervise and support Ground Handling Agent teams dedicated to Cathay flight operations to achieve operational excellence of being on time and error free
- Assist to implement innovative ideas and strive to do things differently and better in all aspects of airport operations
- Assist in ensuring and maintaining operational and productivity performance conformance to standards
- Support airport management to conduct regular Quality Control checks on station performance including provision of service by suppliers as required
- Conduct flight briefings as required
- Willing to take up extra responsibilities (e.g. projects) and work shift duties
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required
Outstanding Product and Services
- Ensure team are up-to-date with the latest product knowledge, support the team to effectively utilise products and services to provide the highest possible quality of experience for our customers
- Support the team to deliver ‘Service Straight From The Heart’ on a daily basis to create genuine connection and memorable experiences for our customers across all points of contact
- Support the use of new technologies in the provision of customer service
- Give recognition to our highest-value customers (front-end and elite Marco Polo members)
Crisis Management capability and preparedness
- Familiar with all contingency plans and manual fall-back procedures to meet the required standards
- Effectively manage flight disruptions and irregularities, support airport management as required
- Ensure our customers are cared for, informed and given choice where possible through the use of disruption management tools
People and team
- Motivate the frontline team (i.e. suppliers) to enable supportive and collaborative teamwork
- Support the on-boarding process and probation of new hires (suppliers included) as required
- Support and encourage the team (suppliers included) to learn and develop through role modelling, mentoring or on-the-job coaching
- Monitor day-to-day team and/or individual team member performance (suppliers included) and raise suggestions for improvement
- Assist in monitoring and conducting performance review meetings with suppliers
- Support the Airport Operations Manager to implement any action plan efficiently and keep track of progress with documented records
Cost efficiency and productivity
- Monitor team daily productivity and flexibility in resource deployment
- Support the Airport Operations Manager to drive down costs in daily operation
- Support station administration duties
Represent Cathay interests in the Airport Community
- Support the Airport Operations Manager to work with external parties in the best interests of the Company – authorities, suppliers and service providers, Oneworld Partners, and other airlines
- Ensure competition compliance involvement in airport-related industry affairs (i.e. AOC)
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Good command of written and spoken English is mandatory with the local language being an advantage
- 1-2 years solid Customer Service experience, preferably in airlines or airport services
- Ability to work independently with good decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and committed leader who enjoys teamwork
- Strong customer service mentality with strong interpersonal skills
- Good technical knowledge and capability (multi-skilled) to perform each airport job function (requirement to pass all training arranged by ASD)
- Good understanding of Company policies and international regulatory procedures and all required local regulatory matters
- Ability to handle different operational modes such as normal operations, disruption, Emergency & Accident and contingency situations
- Adapts to and embraces constant change
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.