Reports To: Duty Airport Operations Manager
Job Level: A
To supervise and support the daily assigned team member functions to ensure overall operations run smoothly and efficiently during the operational shift whilst conforming to established safety and security standards.
To deliver the best possible operation and airport service experience to ensure our customers always feel special, valued and recognised regardless of circumstance.
- Execute corporate safety, security and quality policies to ensure the station, employees and suppliers are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements and quality standards
- Achieve absolute operational integrity with zero safety defects and security infringements, which also includes promoting and developing a culture of zero tolerance on safety and security incidents at the workplace.
- Supervise and support Ground Handling Agent teams dedicated to Cathay flight operations to achieve operational excellence of being on time and error free, operational and productivity performance conformance to standards.
- Ensure people and team are up-to-date with the latest product knowledge and support the team to deliver “Service Straight From The Heart”, effectively utilise products and services to provide the highest possible quality of experience for our customers across all touch points
- Familiarity with all contingency plans and manual fall-back procedures to meet the required standards
- Effectively manage flight disruptions and irregularities to ensure our customers are cared for.
- Motivate the frontline team to enable supportive and collaborative teamwork, to learn and develop through role modelling, mentoring or on-the job coaching and to adopt new challenges and changes
- Support the on-boarding process and probation of new hires (suppliers included) as required
- Assist in monitoring and conducting regular performance review meetings with suppliers
- Ensure competition compliance involvement in airport-related industry affairs (i.e. AOC)
- Post-secondary school education is desirable
- High school graduation
- Good command of written and spoken English is mandatory with the local language being an advantage (in order to communicate with local language speaking passengers)
- 1-2 years solid Customer Service experience, preferably in airlines or airport services
- Ability to work independently with good decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and committed leader who enjoys teamwork, adapts to and embraces constant change
- Strong customer service mentality with strong interpersonal skills
- Good technical knowledge and capability (multi-skilled) to perform each airport job function (requirement to pass all training arranged)
- Good understanding of Company policies and international regulatory procedures and all required local regulatory matters
- Ability to handle different operational modes such as normal operations, disruption, Emergency & Accident and contingency situations
- Willing to take up additional assignments, e.g. projects and work shift duties
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required
- Applicants with the right to live and work in Singapore preferred.
- Outport applicants who meet the requirements are welcome to apply, and it is subject to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower's approval for an appropriate work pass.
- Local terms and conditions apply to this position.