Cathay Pacific celebrates its 76th anniversary this year. With the gradual return of post-Corona travel demand around the world, it is time for Cathay Pacific to add back more flights, build momentum and continue our recovery. We have a strong confidence for the bright future with opportunities that there will undoubtedly be ahead of us.
Now, we are looking for people who have a strong sense of self-development, and have aspirations to proactively seek the opportunity for possible rotations in different aspects of airline business of airports, cargo, and passengers over a career.
We are currently opening three roles where employees could rotate through within Japan.After completing all the selection process, successful candidates will be offered one of the following positions based on their attributes and performance they demonstrated during the process.
Hiring positions (Location):
1. Cargo Services Officer (Narita)
The successful candidates will assist with the operational and reservation functions for the port including oversight of suppliers to ensure compliance to Cathay Pacific service levels and regulatory requirements. They will also provide support to port management to drive service excellence while also ensuring the highest standards of safety.
2. Customer Services Agent (Narita)
3. Customer Services Agent (Fukuoka)
Customer Services Agents will carry out the day-to-day assigned duties and support overall operations to run smoothly and efficiently, and to conform to safety and security requirements. They also deliver the best possible customer service to ensure our customers always feel special, valued and recognised regardless of circumstance.
Employment Conditions: Full time / Contract
- First contract is for 2 years.
- After 2 years, contracts will be renewed annually for up to 5 years based on performance.
- Permanent position may be offered to outstanding performers on completion of 3 or more years of contract.
Selection process (online with Microsoft Teams):
- Group exercise - 11 October (Tue)
- First interview - 18 October (Tue)
- Final interview - 24 October (Mon)
Outstanding Product and Services
- Provide the highest possible quality of services for our customers at any touch point
- Deliver thoughtful service on a daily basis to create genuine connection and memorable experiences for our customers
- Provide extra attentiveness to our highest-value customer needs
People and Team
- Strive for good teamwork and fully participate as a supportive and collaborative team player
- Support other team members (suppliers and stakeholders included) to deliver services and products to company standards
- Demonstrate ownership and proactivity for own development and learning
Cost Efficiency and Productivity
- Support administration duties as required
Safety First, Quality Always (at operation team)
- Rigorously execute corporate safety, security and complying with regulatory requirements and established standards
- Achieve absolute operational integrity with zero safety defects and security infringements
Operational Excellence (at operation team)
- Achieve operational excellence being on time and error free
- Gain and maintain a high proficiency of knowledge and skills required to carry out assigned tasks
- Willing to take up additional responsibilities and work shift duties
Crisis Management Capability and Preparedness (at operation team)
- Familiarity with station contingency local disruption plans and fall-back procedures
- Follow the direction from local airport management to mitigate disruption to provide a minimal negative impact on customer experience
- Ensure our customers are cared for informed during disruption and offered choice whenever possible
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Post-secondary education
- Good command of written and spoken Japanese and English
- Strong sense of responsibility and acts as a supportive team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural service orientated mind-set
- Can perform daily operations (multi-tasking ability) up to company standards
- Adapts to constant change, for example process, technology, regulations, working across other departments
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams
- Must have the legal right to live and work in Japan
- Basic salary: JPY223,300～/month
- Allowances: the company regulations apply
- Social insurance: Unemployment insurance, Worker's compensation insurance, Health insurance, Welfare pension insurance
- Commuting expense allowance: Up to JPY50,000/month
- Bonus: None
- Retirement allowance: None
- Working hours per day: 7.25 hours
- Break time: 1 hour
- Off day: Two days off every week
- Probation period: Three months
- Annual leave: 16 days in the first year after completing 6 month service
- Potential for additional discretional bonus (depends on the company's performance and financial status)
Personal & Application Information
- Cover letter in English detailing your motivation for applying
- CV (Both English and Japanese version are mandatory)
Application deadline: 29 September 2022 (Thu)
Date of Join: 1 December 2022
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.