At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
- Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
Reports to: Aircraft Engineer Supervisor
Indirectly reports to: Engineering Manager - Eastern China
Location/Country: SHA / China
Employment Condition: Full time
Terms of Reference for: Cathay Pacific
Job Level: A
Affects safety and/or security accountability: Yes
To support the AT/Cat A/AE/AES in performing aircraft maintenance and servicing to ensure a high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the Company in a cost-effective manner.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Perform aircraft maintenance as rostered under guidance of the Cat A/AE/AES
- Perform maintenance and servicing of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Keep up to date with the aircraft systems, technology, processes and procedures
- Lead and train Aircraft Mechanic trainee staff
- Other duties as directed by the AE/AES or Engineering Manager
Working Environment and Safety
- Responsible for personal safety and aircraft safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensure that general ramp safety practices are adhered to
- Ensure safe working practices are applied and that all accidents are reported
- Familiarity with and uses the available methods of communication such as VHF radios, Internet, fax, memo, GroupWise, SITA etc.
- Communicate effectively with the EM, AT/AE/AES and other Cathay Pacific staff
Ground Equipment, Aircraft Tooling and Facilities
- Service, maintain and clean station company ground equipment and vehicles
- Assist with the recalibration of aircraft tooling in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with station engineering fire protection
- Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engineering facility
- Maintain PC literacy
- Assist with the operation of FMIS (Finance Management Information System)
- Assist with the Company material handling and storage
- Assist with the maintenance of all station technical publications
- Complete station logs and records
- Action technical documents and enter data into Ultramain as per company procedures
Qualifications / Experience
- Demonstrate an aptitude of understanding of aircraft maintenance operations
- Have (or be willing to receive) necessary Cathay Pacific Line Maintenance induction training covering:
- Aircraft Safety Awareness
- Aircraft General Familiarisation
- Company Procedures Awareness training
- Human Factors Awareness training
- Other training as requested by Engineering Manager
- University Degree holder in Engineering or related disciplines
- Willing to perform shift work and work in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to travel regularly within mainland China and perform relief duties in other stations when requested.
- PRC nationa lregister or holding PRC ID card
Please refer to IntraCX for details of our Internal Vacancy Policy and Compensation Management Policy.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.