Let your passion fly! We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. Our global family can open up a world of opportunities for you. This means that your first role at Cathay Pacific won’t be your last. It could take you anywhere. Join us and discover just how far you can go!
Cathay Pacific Airways is looking for a motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as an Aircraft Mechanic based in Los Angeles, CA. This Regular Full-Time position will play a key role in performing operational functions to ensure delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business whilst meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements.
If you are applying as an internal candidate you may qualify for a priority USA immigration work-visa sponsorship, if you meet this criteria:
- You have a 4 year Engineering degree
- You have been employed at Cathay for at least one year in the last 3 years
- You are a citizen of one of the following countries: China, Hong Kong, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam
All other candidates may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Working on a shift basis, perform aircraft maintenance for Cathay Group aircraft and third party customers (if applicable) under supervision of the Aircraft Engineer
- Perform local or overseas operational relief duties or standard duties when required
- Help to monitor third party supplier’s performance (technical, ramp services, de-icing, refueling etc.), follow up and rectify any operational issues in a timely manner
- Support the contingency plans and ad hoc operational requirements such as diversions, charters, ad hoc aircraft type changes, major disruption recovery, etc.
- Perform servicing and maintenance for station ground equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Support Cathay Quality Assurance, Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department and / or third party audits, follow up and rectify the audit findings within the required timelines as directed
- Perform station administration and ensure station documentations / passes are up-to-date and valid as directed by the Engineering Manager / Engineering Supervisor
- Ensure compliance with local Occupational Health & Safety standards and regulations / guidelines
- Any other reasonable task as requested including engaging in non-operational duties and projects
Performance Management and Business Process Improvement
- Ensure that annual SMART goals are understood and actioned
- Attend performance reviews and discuss career development plan with the designated Direct Appraiser
- Attend station meetings as required to ensure regular engagement and effective communication
- Embrace continuous improvement culture through quality innovation, teamwork, lean processes to drive operational efficiency, productivity and commercial improvement
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Tertiary education in aircraft maintenance is required,
- Minimum 2 years aircraft maintenance experience is required,
- Demonstrably aptitude and understanding of aircraft maintenance operations
- Have (or be willing to receive) induction training / on the job training as required covering but not limited to:
- Aircraft and Ramp Safety Awareness
- Company Procedures Awareness training
- Human Factors Awareness training
- Must comply with the Company’s mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination policy
- Must have the right to live and work in USA
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is committed to employment equity, supports diversity in the workplace and encourages application from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.