Reports to: Head of Procurement (Powerplants and Engineering Services)
Department: Procurement and Aircraft Trading (APD)
The position is responsible for the contracting of Aircraft Line and Base maintenance services globally and for the stores and logistics suppliers managing the Airline’s aircraft spare parts.
- Define and implement the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance/support services.
- Source, negotiate and contract aircraft line maintenance services in Hong Kong and outstations; manage subsequent supplier delivery.
- Source, negotiate and contract aircraft base maintenance services; manage subsequent supplier delivery.
- Source, negotiate and contract stores and logistics services for aircraft spare parts; manage subsequent supplier delivery.
- Liaise with all internal departments ensuring all aircraft maintenance as well as stores and logistics requirements are understood, considered and relayed to suppliers as necessary.
- 7 years' relevant experience.
- University graduate in related discipline.
- Procurement process and Category Management understanding is essential.
- Understanding of basic contract law and contracts.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent people skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies.
- Approachable and decisive.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 21 January 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.