Cathay Dragon, an affiliate member of oneworld, is a Hong Kong-based international airline, and a member of the Cathay Pacific Group. Established in 1985, the airline now operates a fleet of 19 A330-300s, eight A321s and 15 A320s providing quality passenger and cargo services. The airline's network covers 53 destinations across the Asia-Pacific region, including 23 in Mainland China.
Cathay Dragon operates about 400 flights a week to the Mainland, offering quality services to passengers around the region. The airline’s expertise has been recognised in its winning the Best Airline – China category for six consecutive years in the respected Skytrax passenger survey. It has also been voted "Best Regional Airline Asia" in the survey in 2011, 2013 and 2015, as well as “World’s Best Regional Airline” in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Cathay Dragon aims to ensure that its passengers’ in-flight experience is as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The influence of traditional Asian hospitality is felt on each Cathay Dragon flight through the personal service and attention to detail provided by dedicated and professional cabin staff. The airline is committed to continuous improvements in service to provide its passengers with an even more pleasurable and comfortable flying experience.
All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO.
Supervise and maintain the high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the Company in a cost-effective manner
Manage the daily engineering operation effectively and efficiently liaising with airport staff and working groups on the aircraft to ensure a well-managed operation.
- Deputise as Engineering Manager when the Engineering Manager is absent and assume the full responsibilities as detailed in the Engineering Manager’s Job Description
- Perform the duties of an Aircraft Mechanic as rostered
- Directly supervise and certify aircraft maintenance as rostered
- Supervise ground-based aircraft monitoring and recording to assess aircraft serviceability and respond accordingly
- Perform additional aircraft maintenance as requested by Cathay Pacific Maintenance Control and Engineering Planning Hong Kong (ADD Clearance)
- Perform and certify maintenance and servicing of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Perform relief duties on other stations as requested
- Keep up to date with the aircraft systems, technology processes and procedures
- Other duties and additional project assignments as requested by the Engineering Manager
- Supervision of the station Engineering staff on the applicable shift
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Provide support, assistance, understanding and problem solving for Engineering staff
- Roster staff duties and produce the roster
- Conduct regular performance reviews as Direct Appraiser for appointed staff
- Enhance the employee experience in-line with the role level and Cathay Pacific’s internal brand promise of Life Well Travelled
- Assist with the administration of staff and maintenance of records
Working Environment and Safety
- Monitor ground safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensure that all staff operating around the aircraft adhere to general ramp safety practices
- Ensure safe working practices are applied and that all accidents are reported
- Familiarity with the local airport and company Emergency and Accident procedures
- Ensure all incoming communications are reviewed and actioned accordingly
- Liaise with the Airport Services, Cargo and other CX airport departments to ensure maximum aircraft handling efficiency
- Liaise with airport subcontractors as required during aircraft handling
- Liaise with contracted third party operators’ local representatives
- Familiarity with and uses the available methods of communication such as VHF radios, Internet, fax, memo, GroupWise, SITA etc.
Ground Equipment, Aircraft Tooling and Facilities
- Control the servicing, maintenance and cleanliness of all station company ground equipment and vehicles
- Control the recalibration of aircraft tooling in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure compliance with engineering fire protection policy
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engineering facility
- Maintain PC literacy
- Assist with the operation of FMIS (Finance Management Information System)
- Ensure the Company material handling and storage procedures and Customs regulations in relation to imported aircraft materials is in line with company policy
- Ensure compliance with the Station Procedures Manual and produce revisions
- Ensure the maintenance of all station technical publications is up to date
- Complete station logs and records
- Action technical documents and enters data into Ultramain as per company procedures
- Minimum 5 years experience of aircraft engineering as Engineer or equivalent
- Must hold HKAR 66 B1 or B2
- Must hold all appropriate aircraft approval types for the station at level 3
- Have (or be willing to receive) recognised management training
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership qualities