An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Aircraft Engineering team to take a leading role as an Aircraft Engineer in managing our London Heathrow Engineering operations.
The successful candidate will assume daily responsibility of up to 73 weekly flights whilst providing leadership to a team of 12 CAT A Technicians and Mechanics. The job-holder will be responsible for supervising and maintaining the high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the Company in a cost-effective manner.
- Supervision of the station Engineering staff on the applicable shift
- Directly supervise and certify aircraft maintenance as rostered
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Provide support, assistance, understanding and problem solving for Engineering staff
- Allocate staff duties
- Conduct regular performance reviews as Direct Appraiser for appointed staff
- Monitor ground safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensure that all staff operating around the aircraft adhere to general ramp safety practices
- Liaise with the Airport Services, airport subcontractors, Cargo and other CX airport departments to ensure maximum aircraft handling efficiency
- Ensure the maintenance of all station technical publications is up to date
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of aircraft engineering as Engineer or equivalent
- Must hold HKAR 66 B1
- Must hold all appropriate aircraft approval types (B777/A350/A330) for the station at level 3
- Have (or be willing to receive) recognised management training
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership qualities
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Possession of a full manual UK driving licence (or equivalent)
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please send your CV to the careers site outlining your suitability for this position by 23rd August 2019.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
Please refer to IntraCX for details of our Internal Vacancy Policy and Compensation Management Policy.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.