We are currently recruiting for an Aircraft Engineer on a temporary fixed term contract for 6 months to join our Engineering team at Manchester Airport.
To perform operational functions ensuring delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business whilst meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Working on a shift basis, conduct and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for Cathay Group aircraft in accordance with the HKAR-145 and company requirements
- Working on a shift basis, conduct and certify routine and non-routine maintenance for third party customer aircraft (if applicable) in accordance with the appropriate national authority and customer requirements
- Perform local or overseas operational relief duties or the duties of an Aircraft Technician / Aircraft Mechanic as required and in accordance with the relevant Job Description
- Monitor third party supplier performance (technical, ramp services, de-icing, refueling etc), follow up and rectify any operational issues in a timely manner
- Execute the contingency plans and support ad hoc operational requirements such as diversions, charters, ad hoc aircraft type changes, major disruption recovery, etc.
- Ensure the availability, serviceability and cleanliness of station ground equipment, vehicles and facilities
- Coordinate and support Cathay Quality Assurance, Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department, third party audits, follow up audit findings and implement mitigations to prevent re-occurrence
- Perform station administration and ensure station documentations / passes are up-to-date and valid
- Ensure the team is compliant with local Occupational Health & Safety standards and all regulations / guidelines
- Help to embrace a continuous improvement culture through quality innovation, teamwork, and lean processes to drive operational efficiency, productivity and commercial improvement
- Any other reasonable task as requested including non-operational duties and projects
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- HKAR-66 B1 or B2 license, or any equivalent license acceptable in HKAR-2
- Minimum of 1 current aircraft type authorisation, preferably on the type operated by Cathay and level 3 trained
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Strong operation knowledge of aircraft maintenance and ground handling activities
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department airworthiness regulations
- Good business awareness
- Good communication skills
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.